[3.5]: assertion failed in RuntimeDyldELF.cpp

Hi LLVMDev list

I am building LLVM from the SVN trunk at 213638 on a W7/X86_64/Cygwin system and running make check leads to a series of failed assertions like

Hi Francis,

It is possible to XFAIL a regression test (grep for XFAIL in the llvm/test directory for examples), however that’s discouraged. The fact that this test is failing indicates that part of the JIT infrastructure is broken on W7/X86_64/Cygwin.

How long have you been building LLVM in this configuration? Do you know whether this is a recent regression?

Cheers,
Lang.

Hi Lang

I am a newcomer on LLVM so I do not have any historical view on this issue. Francis

Hi Francis,

No worries. In that case, you may want to file a bug for this on llvm.org/bugs. If you do that, it would be interesting to attach the stderr output from the following command to the bug report:

/path-to-llvm-bin/lli -debug -use-mcjit -mtriple=x86_64-unknown-cygwin-elf /cygdrive/z/dev/llvm/x64/llvm/test/ExecutionEngine/MCJIT/test-setcond-fp.ll

That will include some diagnostics from the runtime linker which may help track down the cause of this issue.

Cheers,
Lang.

Hi Lang

Here the bugzilla issue: http://llvm.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=20457 with the debug output as attachement

Francis