3.8.1-final has been tagged

Hi,

I've tagged 3.8.1-final, so testers can start building the final
binaries.

-Tom

Windows is ready: (sha1sum)

ef70473d25b6d05a46d37a985766cf31274e1088 LLVM-3.8.1-win32.exe
f11f075ea2d3ad1344c4af49e44b5fd8ddb65eb1 LLVM-3.8.1-win64.exe

It was built with the attached batch file.

Cheers,
Hans

build_llvm_381.bat|attachment (2.84 KB)

ARM looks good, the binaries have been uploaded.

Regards,
Diana

AArch64 looks good, too. Binaries uploaded.

Allgood, uploaded for Ubuntu x86_64:

clang+llvm-3.8.1-x86_64-linux-gnu-ubuntu-16.04.tar.xz
clang+llvm-3.8.1-x86_64-linux-gnu-ubuntu-14.04.tar.xz

Ben

Hi,

one minor gripe:

configure still says

PACKAGE_VERSION=‘3.8.0’

PACKAGE_STRING=‘LLVM 3.8.0’

This caused our tarball generation scripts to mess up and name the tarballs 3.8.0 – I’ve fixed the script to look at CMakeLists.txt instead and now (so far) all is good, but while configure is still there it should probably reflect the version info correctly.

ttyl

bero

Hi Bero,

If anything, the configure file should be removed. :slight_smile:

It was deprecated a long time ago and it's only there for legacy
reasons. If you want to use LLVM as your base toolchain, I strongly
suggest you move to CMake.

cheers,
--renato

PS: For now, a post-fix should be applied to the 3.8.1-final anyway.

We've actually moved to cmake ages ago -- but our build system requires
source tarballs and the script determining their name was still using "grep
PACKAGE_VERSION configure" to determine their right filename for the
tarballs.

ttyl
bero

Ah! ok... :slight_smile:

Thanks for the catch, btw. I think we need to update that anyway,
regardless of it being deprecated, at least until we finally remove
the file.

cheers,
--renato

Hi,
one minor gripe:
configure still says
PACKAGE_VERSION='3.8.0'
PACKAGE_STRING='LLVM 3.8.0'

This caused our tarball generation scripts to mess up and name the tarballs
3.8.0 -- I've fixed the script to look at CMakeLists.txt instead and now
(so far) all is good, but while configure is still there it should probably
reflect the version info correctly.

Unfortunately, I think it's too late to fix this now that -final has been
tagged. I don't think this should be a huge issue since all the binaries
are built using CMake. People building from source can always patch their
code if the want.

-Tom

All good from my side:
  clang+llvm-3.8.1-mipsel-linux-gnu.tar.xz (sha1sum 0ded83c843a97909b8abd369613d9afe21084280)
  clang+llvm-3.8.1-mips-linux-gnu.tar.xz (sha1sum 0691b050a347e95301ca59a06084ecc32b3262b0)
  clang+llvm-3.8.1-x86_64-linux-gnu-debian8.tar.xz (sha1sum 667cfe6629d7ce1066de26c04b0efc16af18fdf9)

I had two extra failures in the 'make check-all' part of the mipsel-linux-gnu build that I didn't have in rc1 but they passed when I re-ran them. The tests were:
    Clang :: Tooling/auto-detect-from-source-parent.cpp
    Clang :: VFS/include-real-from-virtual.c

Uploaded in Debian, mostly works.
Mostly because it is failing to link because of a OOM issue.

Seems that adding -gsplit-dwarf to the CXXFLAGS improves the situation.

Sylvestre