Arm Target

Hello,

We have been testing our llvm(2.8) compiled executables for arm target.
It seems as if the arm target support is not so stable/mature yet.
Is it so ?? We read about the same in the release notes but want a word from your side.

Thanks,
Sameer

The ARM target in LLVM is quite stable in 2.8. Can you provide more specific information about the kinds of problems you're seeing?

Thanx bob .
We have been facing problem in memory allocation related stuff.
If we start our application code using a memory allocation then things work fine.
however without such explicit memory allocation that to a pointer which is never used ,our applcation crashes.

It is not very likely that this kind of problem is due to the compiler. I don't know what kind of system you are working with, but you'll need to find some other forum to get help with issues like this.

Sorry that I can't give you a better answer than that, but the symptoms you describe could be caused by any number of things, and none of them are likely to be related to LLVM.

It is not very likely that this kind of problem is due to the compiler. I don't know what kind of system you are working with, but you'll need to find some other forum to get help with issues like this.
Sorry that I can't give you a better answer than that, but the symptoms you describe could be caused by any number of things, and none of them are likely to be related to LLVM.

Well, previous questions indicates that llvm-gcc for x86 (and thus x86
LLVM IR) was used for ARM. Arbitrary weird things might happen here.