cannot build safecode.

Hello,

I am trying to build llvm-poolalloc and safecode under current trunk llvm.
After building llvm, I cannot build poolalloc. I got following error message:

make[1]: Entering directory /host/llvm/projects/llvm-poolalloc/lib' make[2]: Entering directory /host/llvm/projects/llvm-poolalloc/lib/DSA’
llvm[2]: Compiling AddressTakenAnalysis.cpp for Debug+Asserts build (PIC)
AddressTakenAnalysis.cpp: In constructor ‘llvm::AddressTakenAnalysis::AddressTakenAnalysis()’:
AddressTakenAnalysis.cpp:34: error: no matching function for call to ‘llvm::ModulePass::ModulePass(char*)’
/host/llvm/include/llvm/Pass.h:235: note: candidates are: llvm::ModulePass::ModulePass(char&)
/host/llvm/include/llvm/Pass.h:220: note: llvm::ModulePass::ModulePass(const llvm::ModulePass&)
/bin/rm: cannot remove /host/llvm/projects/llvm-poolalloc/lib/DSA/Debug+Asserts/AddressTakenAnalysis.d.tmp': No such file or directory make[2]: *** [/host/llvm/projects/llvm-poolalloc/lib/DSA/Debug+Asserts/AddressTakenAnalysis.o] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory /host/llvm/projects/llvm-poolalloc/lib/DSA’
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/host/llvm/projects/llvm-poolalloc/lib’
make: *** [all] Error 1

It seems to be that a function is passed a pointer but it is supposed to be passed with a reference. I tried to fix this one. But lots of similar error popped up.

I am not sure if I did something wrong with the configuring llvm.
Any help is appreciated.
Shaosu Liu

The poolalloc and safecode projects currently build against llvm 2.7,
and haven't been updated to 2.8 yet (and especially not chasing ToT).

Try building with llvm 2.7, sorry :).

~Will

Hello,
I am trying to build llvm-poolalloc and safecode under current trunk llvm.
After building llvm, I cannot build poolalloc. I got following error message:

SAFECode and Poolalloc do not compile with LLVM trunk. They must be compiled with LLVM 2.6 or LLVM 2.7 (depending on whether you're using the release_26 branch or mainline of these projects, respectively).

-- John T.