can't find binary/executable

Hi,
my exact question is in paragraph numbered 3 below. The first two paragraphs have prefatory information.

1. I ran the following command to build llvm and clang (with the intention of building the examples),

sudo cmake -DLLVM_BUILD_EXAMPLES=1 -DCLANG_BUILD_EXAMPLES=1 -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE="Release" ../llvm

1. After it completed, I ran make and make install. The output from make install showed this (for the PrintFunctions example in /clang/examples)

[ 92%] Built target PrintFunctionNames_exports

[ 92%] Built target PrintFunctionNames

– Installing: /usr/local/lib/PrintFunctionNames.so

1. Question: is there a step I need to do to run the PrintFunctionNames example? I can’t find a binary/executable?

2. In the directory build/tools/clang/examples, I have this

analyzer-plugin
clang-interpreter
CMakeFiles
PrintFunctionNames
AnnotateFunctions
cmake_install.cmake
Makefile

1. In build/tools/clang/examples/PrintFunctionNames/ I have this

cmake_install.cmake
Makefile
CMakeFiles
PrintFunctionNames.exports

Update,

Sorry about that I found the instructions in the ReadMe for the PrintFunctionsDir, but they don’t seem to be update or I’m running them wrong. The ReadMe says the following:

"This is a simple example demonstrating how to use clang’s facility for
providing AST consumers using a plugin.

Build the plugin by running make in this directory.

Once the plugin is built, you can run it using:

Problems been solved. For anyone else with the same question, the problem was that I wasn’t using the clang that I had built the file against (clang came installed by default on the system). When I ran ./build/bin/clang and followed the instructions at this tutorial it worked fine

https://clang.llvm.org/docs/ClangPlugins.html