cfe-dev Digest, Vol 83, Issue 30 Clang *does* build with Visual Studio, but you need VS 2012 or newer.

I built LLVM34 successfully VS2013 , and am about to try clang34 which I also expect to work.

Are you saying the trunk generally will build and run? That is where I ran into problems, quite likely my own making. The type of problems I saw could be due to the trunk being a work in progress, but there were quite a few, so I went to the stable builds and have seen success there.

The string project I referred to is from ‘Open Clang Projects’ page

StringRef’ize APIs: A thankless but incredibly useful project is StringRef’izing (converting to use llvm::StringRef instead of const char * or std::string) various clang interfaces. This generally simplifies the code and makes it more efficient…

Are you saying the trunk generally will build and run? That is where I
ran into problems, quite likely my own making. The type of problems I saw
could be due to the trunk being a work in progress, but there were quite a
few, so I went to the stable builds and have seen success there.

I use MSVC 2013 for my daily trunk Clang development on Windows, so yes, it
builds and runs.

The string project I referred to is from 'Open Clang Projects' page

*StringRef'ize APIs*: A thankless but incredibly useful project is
StringRef'izing (converting to use llvm::StringRef instead of const char *or
std::string) various clang interfaces. This generally simplifies the code
and makes it more efficient..

I think this is mostly taken care of, at least in places that matter. You
could search for '(FIXME|TODO).*StringRef' to find functions worth fixing.

And post your issues compiling, trunk is supposed to be working at all times (compilation is broken now and then, but this is fixed within hours).

OK, took another whack and YES the whole thing compiles and builds. One issue on VS13

223>LINK : fatal error LNK1210: exceeded internal ILK size limit; link with /INCREMENTAL:NO

I will try with flag setting in the message. Thanks!