check-all is failing on Windows: is it expected?

Hello,

I’m compiling llvm+clang (both are 3.2) on Windows using CMake + VS2010 (SP1). I have ALL_BUILD successfully passing, but “check-all” fails. Is it expected to pass? Is it expected to pass on Windows with any other toolchain?

-Dmitry

Last time I checked, running the tests on Windows with MSVC was a PITA. The test scripts still expect a UNIX-like environment, so a lot of tests fail. If that has been rectified, someone please let me know!

I would imagine it should work much better with cygwin, or mingw with a bash shell and utils.

The tests have worked fine on Windows for a while now when building
with an MSVC environment. As for the tests failing, what tests are
failing for you? Can you pastebin the results? I have seen issues
with MSVC11, but not MSVC10.

Thanks!

~Aaron

Alright, that’s good news! When was this fixed?

It's been working for me for almost two years now. You do have to
have the proper prereqs in place, of course (like GnuWin32, Python,
etc).

~Aaron

Aaron,

I got tests passing.

Thanks for specifically mentioning GnuWin32, it was the key. I’ve tried using bunch of different GNU tool suits and seems that it was the main problem. I had different behavior ranging from VS hanging during the build (with llc hanging on some file operations) to VS silently dying and restarting. With GnuWin32 I got the suite passing with several fails, which were due to Python installed in the path spaces. After Python reinstall to default dir (C:\Python27), I got the whole suite passing without fails.

Thanks!

-Dmitry