Clang build broken since git rev 42a0b48dd3773574f648c19b4d9abafb6b4a4f16

Hi all!

Since this commit the build is broken for an in-tree clang build.

llvm[5]: Compiling Targets.cpp for Release+Asserts build

/home/buildbot/tmp/buildbot/slave/common/clang/src/llvm/tools/clang/lib/Basic/Targets.cpp: In function ‘clang::TargetInfo* AllocateTarget(const string&)’:
/home/buildbot/tmp/buildbot/slave/common/clang/src/llvm/tools/clang/lib/Basic/Targets.cpp:4142:8: error: ‘ptx32’ is not a member of ‘llvm::Triple’
/home/buildbot/tmp/buildbot/slave/common/clang/src/llvm/tools/clang/lib/Basic/Targets.cpp:4144:8: error: ‘ptx64’ is not a member of ‘llvm::Triple’
llvm[5]: Compiling PPCallbacks.cpp for Release+Asserts build

Is your LLVM tree up-to-date? Looks like a synchronized change to me.

Sebastian

Jan-Simon,

Please don't speak git hash here. Most of us depend on svn revisions
(eg. r157417).

I guess you forgot to pull clang. Please git-pull on llvm/tools/clang
if you had it.

...Takumi

Hi all!

Since this commit the build is broken for an in-tree clang build.

llvm[5]: Compiling Targets.cpp for Release+Asserts build

/home/buildbot/tmp/buildbot/slave/common/clang/src/llvm/tools/clang/lib/Basic/Targets.cpp: In function ‘clang::TargetInfo* AllocateTarget(const string&)’:
/home/buildbot/tmp/buildbot/slave/common/clang/src/llvm/tools/clang/lib/Basic/Targets.cpp:4142:8: error: ‘ptx32’ is not a member of ‘llvm::Triple’
/home/buildbot/tmp/buildbot/slave/common/clang/src/llvm/tools/clang/lib/Basic/Targets.cpp:4144:8: error: ‘ptx64’ is not a member of ‘llvm::Triple’

Is your LLVM tree up-to-date? Looks like a synchronized change to me.

Looks like you synced LLVM but not Clang. Yesterday, I removed the PTX back-end (and all of its related artifacts, like Triple definitions), and replaced all its occurrences in Clang with the new NVPTX back-end.

Thanks for your answers.

Ok, looks like it was an unbalanced/unsynced pull. I run a buildbot and pull
llvm and clang separately with builds per commit.
I mailed as it did not stablilize within the follow-up commits.

Meanwhile all is green again.

Maybe I should sync through svn instead of the git mirror.

Best,
Jan-Simon