Clang checker

Hello!

do I have to build again Clang, the Static Analyzer, or is it enough to compile the checker? I'm a bit lost about this. It's not clear to me.

It is not enough the compile the checker.

You do not need to rebuild everything.

Just perform a "make" / incremental build. This will take a little while even when you have not changed any interfaces etc but it should run much faster than a full rebuild.

Best regards,
Daniel Marjamäki

..................................................................................................................
Daniel Marjamäki Senior Engineer
Evidente ES East AB Warfvinges väg 34 SE-112 51 Stockholm Sweden

Mobile: +46 (0)709 12 42 62
E-mail: Daniel.Marjamaki@evidente.se

www.evidente.se

Thanks a lot Daniel.

I understand that an incremental build is to just build the essential part changed (in my case, to add a new checker). So is it enough to run make from within the StaticAnalyzer directory? That is, I go to <MY_LLVM_SOURCE_DIR>/tools/clang/lib/StaticAnalyzer, and from there do I simply run make? Is this what you meant by an incremental build?

Thanks.

Hello!

I understand that an incremental build is to just build the essential part changed (in my case, to add a new checker).

yes. in theory you only need to compile your checker and link clang. however the “make” will probably perform some more stuff.

So is it enough to run make from within the StaticAnalyzer directory?

Use:

cd <LLVM_BUILD_DIR>
make

Best regards,
Daniel Marjamäki

Daniel Marjamäki Senior Engineer

Evidente ES East AB Warfvinges väg 34 SE-112 51 Stockholm Sweden

Mobile: +46 (0)709 12 42 62

E-mail: Daniel.Marjamaki@evidente.se

www.evidente.se

Many thanks.
Regards,