ClangD

Hello,

(Apologies for this out-of-thread reply as I just subscribed to the list.)

I am quite interested in this work. I had started prototyping a language server in C++ based on libclang but it is not very far along since I am just getting familiar with Clang. As an Eclipse user and developer (Eclipse CDT aka C/C++), I am quite interested in the possibility of leveraging this to improve the language support. I am also curious to see how refactoring could be done using such a protocol.

I look forward to getting involved in this effort and seeing the first code reviews.

Regards,
Marc-André Laperle

Hello,

(Apologies for this out-of-thread reply as I just subscribed to the list.)

I am quite interested in this work. I had started prototyping a language server in C++ based on libclang but it is not very far along since I am just getting familiar with Clang. As an Eclipse user and developer (Eclipse CDT aka C/C++), I am quite interested in the possibility of leveraging this to improve the language support. I am also curious to see how refactoring could be done using such a protocol.

I look forward to getting involved in this effort and seeing the first code reviews.

Welcome to the list :slight_smile: And great to see the interest - especially having good eclipse support would be cool, as that allows cross-language projects to have a single setup, which would enable a lot of use cases. Your input will be welcome & valuable to us :smiley: