Code Ownership - BBVectorize

Chris,

I'd like to take code ownership of the BBVectorize code. Although not quite directory granularity (because the loop vectorizer is also in that directory), it is self-contained.

Thanks again,
Hal

FWIW, I don't think we need any process for folks to be an owner of a
file (or collection of files) for which they are the primary author of
all of the code...

Owen Anderson and I would like to be the co-owners of SelectionDAG.

FWIW, I don't think we need any process for folks to be an owner of a
file (or collection of files) for which they are the primary author of
all of the codeā€¦

I agree, but I also don't think it hurts to codify what is otherwise implicit.

Go for it Hal.

-Chris

Owen Anderson and I would like to be the co-owners of SelectionDAG.

I'm not a big fan of co-owners: how will you know which pieces you each are covering? Dan Gohman would be another candidate for owner of this area. Can we have only one owner?

-Chris

SelectionDAG is big enough to have multiple owners. Legalizer, dag combine, etc. can each have a separate owner.

Evan

SelectionDAG is big enough to have multiple owners. Legalizer, dag combine, etc. can each have a separate owner.

I don't think that makes sense given our model of code owner. The important task here is ensuring that each piece gets reviewed. Splitting things up at such a fine level doesn't help with that.

-Chris

I don't think that makes sense given our model of code owner. The important task here is ensuring that each piece gets reviewed. Splitting things up at such a fine level doesn't help with that.

Ok. Then I nominate Owen. SelectionDAG needs a code owner.

Instcombine also needs one. Would Eli like to serve as code owner?

Andy Trick - loop strength reduction?

Now that my domain is quickly being taken over by folks, I suppose I need to clarify what I own. :slight_smile: If there are no objections, I will take ARM target and parts of code generator that are not covered by anyone else.

Evan

Now that my domain is quickly being taken over by folks, I suppose I need to clarify what I own. :slight_smile: If there are no objections, I will take ARM target and parts of code generator that are not covered by anyone else.

We talked with Evan a bit. I would take the ARM EABI parts, if noone
will object.

Sounds great!

-Chris

Ok. Then I nominate Owen. SelectionDAG needs a code owner.

SGTM.

Instcombine also needs one. Would Eli like to serve as code owner?

Meador was interested in instcombine. If Eli is interested, Meador and Eli should talk. :slight_smile:

Andy Trick - loop strength reduction?

Makes sense.

Sounds fine to me.

-Chris

I an still interested. However, if Eli is interested, then I defer to his expertise :slight_smile: