compilation of FreeBSD kernel

hi

I just tried to compile freebsd kernel after the designated
initializers went in. Those are the results:

Compilation errors of GENERIC with clang:

1) error: cannot codegen this constant expression yet

74x

2) Assertion failed: ((i >= FTy->getNumParams() || FTy->getParamType(i) == Params[i]->getType()) && "Calling a
function with a bad signature!"), function init, file Instructions.cpp, line 294.

2x

3) Assertion failed: (0 && "VAArgInst is not yet implemented for x86-64!"), function LowerVAARG, file
X86ISelLowering.cpp, line 5766.

6x

4) ../../../dev/txp/if_txp.c:1379:1: error: conflicting types for 'txp_command'

3x

5) Assertion failed: (S1->getType() == S2->getType() && "Cannot create binary operator with two operands of
differing type!"), function Create, file Instructions.cpp, line 1575.
*** Error code 250

1x

6) ../../../vm/vm_object.c:919:4: error: cannot codegen this return inside scope with VLA yet

2x

out of 1211 files

the (1) is Bug 3436, so once you fix that we're much closer :slight_smile: I am going to fill in
bugs for every problem here later...

anyway, great result! 88 failures for 1211 files (some are .S but not more than 10)

thnx, roman

here's an update as bug 3436 seems to be fixed(is it fixed?):

1) Assertion failed: ((i >= FTy->getNumParams() || FTy->getParamType(i) == Params[i]->getType()) && "Calling a
function with a bad signature!"), function init, file Instructions.cpp, line 294.

2x (aic7x)

2) Assertion failed: (0 && "VAArgInst is not yet implemented for x86-64!"), function LowerVAARG, file
X86ISelLowering.cpp, line 5766.

8x

3) ../../../dev/txp/if_txp.c:1379:1: error: conflicting types for 'txp_command'

3x

4) Assertion failed: (S1->getType() == S2->getType() && "Cannot create binary operator with two operands of
differing type!"), function Create, file Instructions.cpp, line 1575.
*** Error code 250

1x (msdosfs_conv.c)

5) ../../../vm/vm_object.c:919:4: error: cannot codegen this return inside scope with VLA yet

2x

16 out of 1211 files (that's 1.32%)

Roman Divacky schrieb:

here's an update as bug 3436 seems to be fixed(is it fixed?):

[...]

Roman, that's great news! I guess it's time to seriously look into getting the DragonFly kernel compiled. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Hi,

Great news!
Please submit a preprocessed file of each type of bug to http://llvm.org/bugs . If possible please also reduce the file; if not I'll reduce them for you.

Thanks,
Nuno