Dedicated mailing list for libc++

Dear cfe-dev,

I'd like to propose creating a new dedicated mailing list for libc++, libc++abi and libunwind. The list would be called libcxx-dev, and it would have less traffic and be more targeted than cfe-dev. This will be helpful, especially with the growing number of people that contribute to libc++ on a regular basis.

I know at least a couple of people involved in libc++ are on board (e.g. Marshall), and I'd like to know whether anyone's objecting to that move. If not, I'll go ahead and send an email to the Foundation requesting for that to happen (and all the associated plumbing like Herald rules).

Cheers,
Louis

Sometimes libc++ specific threads drown a little in other clang-related messages, so having a separate list sounds like a good idea to me.

-Dimitry

Would you also want a separate -commits list, or just the -dev one?

Makes sense to me. I probably won't follow libcxx-dev, though; please feel free to CC me into any thread that you think needs my attention.

John.

I think it makes sense to have a separate -commits list, but I could easily be convinced otherwise. In other words, let’s have a separate -commits list unless there’s a reason not to.

Louis

I’m also in favor of a separate -commits list; I just wanted to clarify your intent :slight_smile:

Same here: I like separating these 3 projects off, with separate -dev and -commits lists, with updated Herald rules.

Dear cfe-dev,

I’d like to propose creating a new dedicated mailing list for libc++, libc++abi and libunwind. The list would be called libcxx-dev, and it would have less traffic and be more targeted than cfe-dev. This will be helpful, especially with the growing number of people that contribute to libc++ on a regular basis.

I know at least a couple of people involved in libc++ are on board (e.g. Marshall), and I’d like to know whether anyone’s objecting to that move. If not, I’ll go ahead and send an email to the Foundation requesting for that to happen (and all the associated plumbing like Herald rules).

I support this change.

Okay, it sounds like we’ve got a plan. Who can I contact to initiate the move? board@llvm.org doesn’t sound right.

Louis

I think you want llvm-admin@lists.llvm.org

Louis Dionne via cfe-dev <cfe-dev@lists.llvm.org> writes:

I noticed that the lists have been created [1] but no activity yet.

Is that expected?

Thanks
S

[1] http://lists.llvm.org/mailman/listinfo

I sent a test email to libcxx-dev@list.llvm.org a couple of hours ago but nothing shows up as of yet. I’m suspecting something’s wrong with the list setup.

Louis

Was list.llvm.org a typo? It should be lists.llvm.org (plural).

It was a typo in my message. I sent the test message to the right address: libcxx-dev@lists.llvm.org.

Louis