disabled Sema/ms-inline-asm.c test

Hi Chad,

Back in January, you “temporarily” disabled the Sema/ms-inline-asm.c test. See clang svn r173365 and r173367. That test is still disabled. Did you have a plan for getting it reenabled?

—Bob

I attempted to re-enable a related test in Parser/MicrosoftExtensions.c in r193124, but reverted it in r193128. The Hexagon bot yelled at me for unknown reasons. If you want to investigate the inevitable bot spam, feel free to enable these tests, I believe they will work on most x86 bots.

It's possible a commit I made fixed this (r193685) or if not, a similar fix might solve the problem.

I'm in favour of switching the test back on on and collecting data on what the crash is, or indeed if it's still broken at all.

Alp.

The log disabling the test in question was:

Author: Chad Rosier <mcrosier@apple.com>

Temporarily XFAIL this test; the compiler will segfault if the target-specific
     parser is not included in the compiler. Thanks to Renato for discovering the
     underlying issue.

So, I looked into Sema/ms-inline-asm.c. There’s good news and there’s bad news… The good news: r193685 probably did fix the original crash that would have happened on Hexagon or wherever the necessary parser wasn’t enabled in the build configuration. This was indeed a clang problem. The bad news: In the period this test was disabled, the feature appears to have regressed and it now crashes on all platforms: Unfortunately an ASM parser test equivalent to the clang one never existed in LLVM’s own suite. CC’ing in llvmdev. Does X86AsmParser.cpp have an active maintainer? Alp.

So, I looked into Sema/ms-inline-asm.c. There’s good news and there’s bad news… The good news: r193685 probably did fix the original crash that would have happened on Hexagon or wherever the necessary parser wasn’t enabled in the build configuration. This was indeed a clang problem. The bad news: In the period this test was disabled, the feature appears to have regressed and it now crashes on all platforms: Unfortunately an ASM parser test equivalent to the clang one never existed in LLVM’s own suite. CC’ing in llvmdev. Does X86AsmParser.cpp have an active maintainer?

Alp.

I’ve filed this as PR18096.