Doubts regarding clang-format

Hello!

I am working on a clang format. I want to customize it:

1. For if-else condition I want that for one line statement written in multiple lines should get wrapped in braces and also if there are only nested if-else then that code should be wrapped in braces. I have seen clang-tidy and in that google-readability-braces-around-statements.ShortStatementLines with value 2 gives expected results to me but I want that it should be done with clang-format.

2. For some comments the intend level should be more or the clang-format should accept some comment intend level as it.

I want to make these changes in my clang-format. Please can you suggest some way to get these results?

Regards
Saloni

Hello!

I am working on a clang format. I want to customize it:

1. For if-else condition I want that for one line statement written in multiple lines should get wrapped in braces and also if there are only nested if-else then that code should be wrapped in braces. I have seen clang-tidy and in that google-readability-braces-around-statements.ShortStatementLines with value 2 gives expected results to me but I want that it should be done with clang-format.

There is a reason why this has been done through the AST, it much easier to manipulate the source range when you have the ast data then when you only have the lexer.

2. For some comments the intend level should be more or the clang-format should accept some comment intend level as it.

I want to make these changes in my clang-format. Please can you suggest some way to get these results?

Can you paste a sample of before and after, on what are you trying to achieve?

For 1. see https://reviews.llvm.org/D95168

Why didn’t this get merged? It has an LGTM.

Running this on a large code base, it breaks a lot.