error while building llvm clang using ninja.

Hey guys,

I was trying to build llvm clang 3.7 using Ninja and in the last step I got following error.

vibhav@vibhav-HP-2000-Notebook-PC:~/clang-llvm/build$ ninja
[3/2639] Building C object lib/Support…keFiles/LLVMSupport.dir/ConvertUTF.c.o
FAILED: /usr/bin/cc -DGTEST_HAS_RTTI=0 -D_GNU_SOURCE -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -fPIC -Wall -W -Wno-unused-parameter -Wwrite-strings -Wmissing-field-initializers -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wno-comment -fcolor-diagnostics -g -Ilib/Support -I/home/vibhav/clang-llvm/llvm/lib/Support -Iinclude -I/home/vibhav/clang-llvm/llvm/include -MMD -MT lib/Support/CMakeFiles/LLVMSupport.dir/ConvertUTF.c.o -MF “lib/Support/CMakeFiles/LLVMSupport.dir/ConvertUTF.c.o.d” -o lib/Support/CMakeFiles/LLVMSupport.dir/ConvertUTF.c.o -c /home/vibhav/clang-llvm/llvm/lib/Support/ConvertUTF.c
[3/2639] Building CXX object lib/Suppo…LVMSupport.dir/DAGDeltaAlgorithm.cpp.o
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

In trying to solve this error, I deleted DAGDeltaAlgorithm.cpp file.

Can you please tell me how to fix this error? And can you also tell me from where to get DAGDeltaAlgorithm.cpp file back? Or can you send me that?

I have already set the entry for CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to
/usr/local/bin/clang++

thanks.

Vibhav Kundalia

You should probably get DAGDeltaAlgorithm.cpp from wherever you got the source code from. If you have a checkout of svn or local git clone you should be able to revert the deletion.

What does /usr/bin/cc point too? I think it’s not clang. BTW isn’t cc supposed to be C compiler in which case you’d need to set CMAKE_C_COMPILER=clang in addtion to CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER.