FOSDEM LLVM dev room organization

FOSDEM, one of the biggest open source conferences, is having a call for their so-called dev rooms, for FOSDEM 2023, this February, in-person in Brussels.
Myself and a number of other people have organized LLVM dev rooms at FOSDEM since 2014.
I’d like to make sure we once again have an LLVM dev room at the next FOSDEM. I’m happy to organize it again this year, but I am equally happy for someone else to organize it. I’d also be more than happy to co-organize it with someone.
If you’re interested in organizing or helping with organizing an LLVM dev room at the next FOSDEM, please do let me know!
Some of the most important information for FOSDEM dev room organizers is available at FOSDEM 2023 - Devroom submission. I’m also more than happy to try and answer any further questions based on my experience organizing a dev room a number of times.

Thanks

Kristof

1 Like

As always, I’m interested, but can’t be the main organiser, as I’m going on my personal time/money and won’t have the time to invest or be proactive enough. I also believe in giving those opportunities to younger (at least in heart) members of the community. :slight_smile:

Happy to help gathering people for the PC, admin on the day (If I manage to go, with all the train strikes recently), etc.

1 Like

I hope to be able to attend FOSDEM again next year and would be happy to support whoever the main organizer is in that case, but I can’t commit to it quite yet.

1 Like

Thank you @rengolin and @nhaehnle !
Unless someone steps up and volunteers to drive the organization of the dev room, I plan to submit the LLVM dev room proposal to FOSDEM at the end of this week, listing myself as the main organizer.
I’ll happily make use of your offers to help out with parts of organizing it.
I’ll reach out later when it’s clearer exactly what needs to be done (but I assume it’s mainly going to be writing a CfP, distributing it, organizing a program committee, and chairing/moderating at the dev room itself).

Thanks!

Kristof

1 Like