Go Bindings and govet

Hi Andrew, Peter,

I took a look at the results of running govet on the go bindings - there are a lot of small/simple problems that should probably be looked at. Wrong number of arguments a few times, shifts by > 32, etc.

https://golang.org/cmd/vet/

Thanks!

-eric

Hi Andrew, Peter,

I took a look at the results of running govet on the go bindings - there are a lot of small/simple problems that should probably be looked at. Wrong number of arguments a few times, shifts by > 32, etc.

Did you just run “go vet llvm.org/llvm/bindings/go”? No customisation? Which version of Go are you using? I get no warnings from vet (which, frankly, surprises me; the bindings are a mess).

Cheers,
Andrew

Hi Andrew, Peter,

Did you just run “go vet llvm.org/llvm/bindings/go”? No customisation? Which version of Go are you using? I get no warnings from vet (which, frankly, surprises me; the bindings are a mess).

I did some looking and we’re passing -printfuncs=Debug:0,Debugf:0,Info:0,Infof:0,Warning:0,Warningf:0,Exit:0,Exitf:0 to the tool.

That help? :slight_smile:

-eric