gsoc 2013

Hello, it may a bit too late.
I want to join gsoc 2013 and my proposal is to do static analyze on gpu programming, such as CUDA.
Recently, I have been studying materials relating to SSA, data flow analysis, fixed point theory and etc under the instruction of one of the Ph.D in UIUC.
After discuss with him, we came up this proposal.
I think I can do this well because I am also familiar with many algorithms on graph, such as scc. (I’m a contestant of ACM ICPC in my school.)

Wish we can discuss more.

Sincerely.

Yun-Wei Lee

I’m at Illinois as well (I work for Vikram Adve). May I ask under who you are studying? You will need to have a much more concrete proposal for GSoC. I’m assuming that your static analysis is for bug finding; is that correct? If so, your proposal should describe what sort of errors your static analysis will find, how your analysis will work, and how it will be integrated into Clang/LLVM. You should also state whether your analysis will work at the Clang AST level, the LLVM IR level, or some combination thereof. I heard the proposal deadline was Friday (although I’m not mentoring this summer, so I could be wrong on the date). If you want feedback, you should add these things to your proposal and send them to the correct list (cfe-dev for Clang, llvmdev for LLVM) for feedback. Your final proposal should also include a detailed schedule of how the work will proceed and long it will take; it should also include an explanation of why you’re qualified for the position. You will basically need to provide something like a CV describing your work, school, and coding experience. I believe mentors will place more weight on coding experience than academic credentials. Good luck. – John T.