[GSoC 2018] Request for review of GSoC proposal for "Improve debugging in optimized code"

Hi Vedant,

I am a first year M.Tech (computer science) student at IIIT Hyderabad. I am interested in working on two of the LLVM projects.

1. Improve debugging for optimized code.

2. Implement a single updater class for the dominator tree.

I have merged both the proposals in a single document because the GSoC portal allows me to upload only one document for applying to LLVM.

The proposal for "Implement a single updater class for the dominator tree" is under review by Jakub Kuderski.

Could you please review the proposal for "Improve debugging for optimized code"?

Apologies for late request. I would really appreciate if you can give me some feedback.

Google Doc link - GSoC2018_LLVM - Google Docs

Regards,
Sagar

Hi Sagar,

Hi Vedant,

I am a first year M.Tech (computer science) student at IIIT Hyderabad. I am interested in working on two of the LLVM projects.

1. Improve debugging for optimized code.

2. Implement a single updater class for the dominator tree.

I have merged both the proposals in a single document because the GSoC portal allows me to upload only one document for applying to LLVM.

The proposal for “Implement a single updater class for the dominator tree” is under review by Jakub Kuderski.

Could you please review the proposal for “Improve debugging for optimized code”?

It’s great that you were able to diagnose a debug info issue in SCEVExpander. There are some known issues in this area. You might check whether https://reviews.llvm.org/D39985 addresses the problem.

Thanks for sending in your proposal. It looks good to me overall.

best,
vedant