Help with build

I need some help getting the LLVM build to work. If this is not the right place to ask, please let me know. I set MSE and Malwarebytes so they ignore the build directory tree and don't complain about a.exe. I also ran this CMake disabling both of them, just in case that mattered; it didn't.

Here are the outputs from CMake and the contents of CMakeError.log. Any help would be appreciated.

Note: When I run a.exe by itself, the return status is 390.

This looks like cmake starts processing with a wrong top-level CMakeLists.txt (llvm\docs\CMakeLists.txt). It should be \llvm\CMakeLists.txt. For instance:

C:> cmake -S \llvm -B C:/LLVM/Build

Michael

Thank you for responding. I'm trying to build just the LLVM documentation. Other folks suggested the following:

cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DLLVM_ENABLE_SPHINX=On c:\llvm\llvm-project\llvm\docs

I run that command in the C:/LLVM/Build directory, which I assume then is the default for -B. Anyway, I changed my command to:

cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DLLVM_ENABLE_SPHINX=On -S c:/llvm/llvm-project/llvm/docs -B c:/llvm/build

The result was the same:

The C compiler identification could not be found in "C:/LLVM/Build/CMakeFiles/3.18.0/CompilerIdC/a.exe"

Is it simply not possible to build anything other than top-level checkout directory?

Only subprojects that have specifically been designed for this, e.g clang,flang,compiler-rt. Not any arbitrary subdirectory.

Michael

Success! Thank you. I have to say that I've never seen a 1 MB Makefile before.