make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/llvm3/llvm/build/libiberty/testsuite'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/llvm3/llvm/build/libiberty/testsuite'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/llvm3/llvm/build/libiberty'
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/llvm3/llvm/build/intl'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/llvm3/llvm/build/intl'
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/llvm3/llvm/build/zlib'
: make ; exec true "AR_FLAGS=rc" "CC_FOR_BUILD=gcc" "CFLAGS=-O2" "CXXFLAGS=-O2" "CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD=" "CFLAGS_FO
R_TARGET=-O2 -O2" "INSTALL=/usr/bin/install -c" "INSTALL_DATA=/usr/bin/install -c -m 644" "INSTALL_PROGRAM=/us
r/bin/install -c" "INSTALL_SCRIPT=/usr/bin/install -c" "LDFLAGS=" "LIBCFLAGS=-O2" "LIBCFLAGS_FOR_TARGET=-O2 -O
2" "MAKE=make" "MAKEINFO=makeinfo --split-size=5000000 " "PICFLAG=" "PICFLAG_FOR_TARGET=" "SHELL=/bin/sh" "EXP
ECT=expect" "RUNTEST=runtest" "RUNTESTFLAGS=" "exec_prefix=/tmp/llvm/install" "infodir=/tmp/llvm/install/info"
"libdir=/tmp/llvm/install/lib" "prefix=/tmp/llvm/install" "tooldir=/tmp/llvm/install/i686-pc-cygwin" "AR=ar"
"AS=as" "CC=gcc" "CXX=c++" "LD=/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe" "LIBCF
LAGS=-O2" "NM=nm" "PICFLAG=" "RANLIB=ranlib" "DESTDIR=" DO=all multi-do
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/llvm3/llvm/build/zlib'
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/llvm3/llvm/build/gcc'
rm -f jc1.exe
gcc -O2 -DIN_GCC -DDEFAULT_TARGET_MACHINE=\"i686-pc-cygwin\" -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -pedantic -Wno-long-long -fno-common -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -o jc1.exe \
                java/parse.o java/class.o java/decl.o java/expr.o java/constants.o java/lang.o java/typeck.o j
ava/except.o java/verify.o java/zextract.o java/jcf-io.o java/win32-host.o java/jcf-parse.o java/mangle.o java
/mangle_name.o java/builtins.o java/resource.o java/jcf-write.o java/buffer.o java/check-init.o java/jcf-depen
d.o java/jcf-path.o java/xref.o java/boehm.o java/java-tree-inline.o mkdeps.o main.o libbackend.a -L../zlib -l
z -liconv ../libiberty/libiberty.a -liconv
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x1dc1f): undefined reference to `_stmts_are_full_exprs_p'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x1dc31): undefined reference to `_stmts_are_full_exprs_p'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x20b15): undefined reference to `_stmts_are_full_exprs_p'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x20b20): undefined reference to `_prep_stmt'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x20be5): undefined reference to `_current_stmt_tree'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x20ccb): undefined reference to `_stmts_are_full_exprs_p'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x20ced): undefined reference to `_stmts_are_full_exprs_p'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x20d80): undefined reference to `_lang_expand_decl_stmt'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x20f20): undefined reference to `_stmts_are_full_exprs_p'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x20f2a): undefined reference to `_prep_stmt'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x216f9): undefined reference to `_current_stmt_tree'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x21b9a): undefined reference to `_anon_aggr_type_p'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x22b20): undefined reference to `_stmts_are_full_exprs_p'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x22b8f): undefined reference to `_stmts_are_full_exprs_p'
libbackend.a(llvm-out.o):llvm-out.c:(.text+0x1a2): undefined reference to `_c_language'
libbackend.a(llvm-out.o):llvm-out.c:(.text+0x2d4): undefined reference to `_c_language'
libbackend.a(llvm-out.o):llvm-out.c:(.text+0x3f1): undefined reference to `_lang_expand_function_end'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [jc1.exe] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/llvm3/llvm/build/gcc'
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2

How to solve this problem?

Java isn't supported. Use --enable-languages=c,c++

-Chris

$ make
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/llvm3/llvm/build/libiberty'
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/llvm3/llvm/build/zlib'
: make ; exec true "AR_FLAGS=rc" "CC_FOR_BUILD=gcc" "CFLAGS=-O2" "CXXFLAGS=-O2" "CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD=" "CFLAGS_FO
R_TARGET=-O2 -O2" "INSTALL=/usr/bin/install -c" "INSTALL_DATA=/usr/bin/install -c -m 644" "INSTALL_PROGRAM=/us
r/bin/install -c" "INSTALL_SCRIPT=/usr/bin/install -c" "LDFLAGS=" "LIBCFLAGS=-O2" "LIBCFLAGS_FOR_TARGET=-O2 -O
2" "MAKE=make" "MAKEINFO=makeinfo --split-size=5000000 " "PICFLAG=" "PICFLAG_FOR_TARGET=" "SHELL=/bin/sh" "EXP
ECT=expect" "RUNTEST=runtest" "RUNTESTFLAGS=" "exec_prefix=/tmp/llvm/install" "infodir=/tmp/llvm/install/info"
"libdir=/tmp/llvm/install/lib" "prefix=/tmp/llvm/install" "tooldir=/tmp/llvm/install/i686-pc-cygwin" "AR=ar"
"AS=as" "CC=gcc" "CXX=c++" "LD=/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld.exe" "LIBCF
LAGS=-O2" "NM=nm" "PICFLAG=" "RANLIB=ranlib" "DESTDIR=" DO=all multi-do
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/llvm3/llvm/build/zlib'
rm -f jc1.exe
gcc -O2 -DIN_GCC -DDEFAULT_TARGET_MACHINE=\"i686-pc-cygwin\" -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -pedantic -Wno-long-long -fno-common -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -o jc1.exe \
               java/parse.o java/class.o java/decl.o java/expr.o java/constants.o java/lang.o java/typeck.o j
ava/except.o java/verify.o java/zextract.o java/jcf-io.o java/win32-host.o java/jcf-parse.o java/mangle.o java
/mangle_name.o java/builtins.o java/resource.o java/jcf-write.o java/buffer.o java/check-init.o java/jcf-depen
d.o java/jcf-path.o java/xref.o java/boehm.o java/java-tree-inline.o mkdeps.o main.o libbackend.a -L../zlib -l
z -liconv ../libiberty/libiberty.a -liconv
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x1dc1f): undefined reference to `_stmts_are_full_exprs_p'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x1dc31): undefined reference to `_stmts_are_full_exprs_p'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x20b15): undefined reference to `_stmts_are_full_exprs_p'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x20b20): undefined reference to `_prep_stmt'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x20be5): undefined reference to `_current_stmt_tree'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x20ccb): undefined reference to `_stmts_are_full_exprs_p'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x20ced): undefined reference to `_stmts_are_full_exprs_p'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x20d80): undefined reference to `_lang_expand_decl_stmt'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x20f20): undefined reference to `_stmts_are_full_exprs_p'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x20f2a): undefined reference to `_prep_stmt'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x216f9): undefined reference to `_current_stmt_tree'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x21b9a): undefined reference to `_anon_aggr_type_p'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x22b20): undefined reference to `_stmts_are_full_exprs_p'
libbackend.a(llvm-expand.o):llvm-expand.c:(.text+0x22b8f): undefined reference to `_stmts_are_full_exprs_p'
libbackend.a(llvm-out.o):llvm-out.c:(.text+0x1a2): undefined reference to `_c_language'
libbackend.a(llvm-out.o):llvm-out.c:(.text+0x2d4): undefined reference to `_c_language'
libbackend.a(llvm-out.o):llvm-out.c:(.text+0x3f1): undefined reference to `_lang_expand_function_end'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [jc1.exe] Error 1

-Chris

It is necessary for me, to convert the big project from java in C, I can make it by means of llvm?
It is written To the description llvm that probably.

Roman

It is necessary for me, to convert the big project from java in C, I can make it by means of llvm? It is written To the description llvm that probably.

I am not sure I am understanding your question, but you cannot compile java code with LLVM. LLVM (llvm-gcc) supports c, c++ and objc (macs). So you have to use something else to convert your java code to one of those languages before you can use LLVM. LLVM is not a Java VM.

I hope that helps.

-Tanya

llvm-java > baycode > llc -march=c not work?

Roman

Problem 2:

Configure:
../src/configure --prefix=/tmp/llvm/install --disable-threads --disable-nls --disable-shared --enable-languages=c,c++ --disable-c-mbchar --program-prefix=llvm-

$ make
make \
          CFLAGS="-O2 -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -pedantic -Wno-long-l
ng -fno-common " \
          CONFIG_H="tconfig.h ../../src/gcc/../include/ansidecl.h ../../src/gcc/config/i386/xm-cygwin.h" TM_H
"tm.h ../../src/gcc/config/i386/i386.h ../../src/gcc/config/i386/unix.h ../../src/gcc/config/i386/bsd.h
./../src/gcc/config/i386/gas.h ../../src/gcc/config/dbxcoff.h ../../src/gcc/config/i386/cygming.h ../../src/g
c/config/i386/cygwin.h ../../src/gcc/defaults.h insn-constants.h insn-flags.h" \
          MAKEOVERRIDES= \
          -f libgcc.mk all
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/llvm3/llvm/build/gcc'
for d in libgcc; do \
          if [ -d $d ]; then true; else /bin/sh ../../src/gcc/mkinstalldirs $d; fi; \
        done
if [ -f stmp-dirs ]; then true; else touch stmp-dirs; fi
/tmp/llvm3/llvm/build/gcc/xgcc -B/tmp/llvm3/llvm/build/gcc/ -B/tmp/llvm/install/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ -B/tmp/ll
m/install/i686-pc-cygwin/lib/ -isystem /tmp/llvm/install/i686-pc-cygwin/include -isystem /tmp/llvm/install/i6
6-pc-cygwin/sys-include -O2 -I../../src/gcc/../winsup/w32api/include -I../../src/gcc/../winsup/include -I../.
/src/gcc/../winsup/cygwin/include -DIN_GCC -DDEFAULT_TARGET_MACHINE=\"i686-pc-cygwin\" -W -Wall -Wwrite-st
ings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -isystem ./include -g -DIN_LIBGCC2 -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED
-I. -I. -I../../src/gcc -I../../src/gcc/. -I../../src/gcc/../include -DL_muldi3 -c ../../src/gcc/libgcc2.c
o libgcc/./_muldi3.o
gccas: /cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/Roman/LOCALS~1/Temp/cc1pV5H1.s:29,0: parse error
/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/Roman/LOCALS~1/Temp/cc1pV5H1.s:29: while reading token: 'target'
make[2]: *** [libgcc/./_muldi3.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/llvm3/llvm/build/gcc'
make[1]: *** [libgcc.a] Error 2

Hi Roman,

Problem 2:

Configure:
../src/configure --prefix=/tmp/llvm/install --disable-threads --disable-nls --disable-shared --enable-languages=c,c++ --disable-c-mbchar --program-prefix=llvm-

$ make
make \
          CFLAGS="-O2 -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -pedantic -Wno-long-l
ng -fno-common " \
          CONFIG_H="tconfig.h ../../src/gcc/../include/ansidecl.h ../../src/gcc/config/i386/xm-cygwin.h" TM_H
"tm.h ../../src/gcc/config/i386/i386.h ../../src/gcc/config/i386/unix.h ../../src/gcc/config/i386/bsd.h
./../src/gcc/config/i386/gas.h ../../src/gcc/config/dbxcoff.h ../../src/gcc/config/i386/cygming.h ../../src/g
c/config/i386/cygwin.h ../../src/gcc/defaults.h insn-constants.h insn-flags.h" \
          MAKEOVERRIDES= \
          -f libgcc.mk all
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/llvm3/llvm/build/gcc'
for d in libgcc; do \
          if [ -d $d ]; then true; else /bin/sh ../../src/gcc/mkinstalldirs $d; fi; \
        done
if [ -f stmp-dirs ]; then true; else touch stmp-dirs; fi
/tmp/llvm3/llvm/build/gcc/xgcc -B/tmp/llvm3/llvm/build/gcc/ -B/tmp/llvm/install/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ -B/tmp/ll
m/install/i686-pc-cygwin/lib/ -isystem /tmp/llvm/install/i686-pc-cygwin/include -isystem /tmp/llvm/install/i6
6-pc-cygwin/sys-include -O2 -I../../src/gcc/../winsup/w32api/include -I../../src/gcc/../winsup/include -I../.
/src/gcc/../winsup/cygwin/include -DIN_GCC -DDEFAULT_TARGET_MACHINE=\"i686-pc-cygwin\" -W -Wall -Wwrite-st
ings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -isystem ./include -g -DIN_LIBGCC2 -D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED
-I. -I. -I../../src/gcc -I../../src/gcc/. -I../../src/gcc/../include -DL_muldi3 -c ../../src/gcc/libgcc2.c
o libgcc/./_muldi3.o
gccas: /cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/Roman/LOCALS~1/Temp/cc1pV5H1.s:29,0: parse error
/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/Roman/LOCALS~1/Temp/cc1pV5H1.s:29: while reading token: 'target'

Your gccas program (wherever its picking it up from) found an unexpected
"target" keyword. Probably your gccas version doesn't match your
llvm-gcc3 version. If you're trying to use llvm-gcc3 with the CVS HEAD
version of llvm, you're out of luck. It won't work. You'll have to use
llvm-gcc4.

llvm-java > baycode > llc -march=c not work?

No. llvm-java is not complete and is no longer being worked on.

-Tanya