Is there a C++ test suite?

I am wondering if there is a test suite that tests different unique C++ features, including from c++11, c++14, etc, so that one could run it with some C++ compiler and see how compliant this C++ compiler is?

Yuri

If you search the following phrases in Google , you will find possible
links :

c++ compiler test suite
c++ test suites

You may obtain new phrases to search .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk

I asked basically this same question the other day and they avoided a direct answer but between the lines they don’t actually track c++ conformance.

(at least not publicly)

So did they commit parsing and sema for c++14 without tests… I’m too lazy to go look at the llvm testsuite to check…

To: "Mehmet Erol Sanliturk via cfe-dev" <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>,
"Yuri" <yuri@rawbw.com>
Cc: cfe-dev@lists.llvm.org
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 8:22:26 PM
Subject: Re: [cfe-dev] Is there a C++ test suite?

I asked basically this same question the other day and they avoided a
direct answer but between the lines they don't actually track c++
conformance.

(at least not publicly)

So did they commit parsing and sema for c++14 without tests.. I'm too
lazy to go look at the llvm testsuite to check..

Nothing gets committed without regression tests. These are in test/SemaCXX, test/CodeGenCXX, etc. There are not always separate tests for each C++ standard revision, as existing regression tests are sometimes appended to, but everything's in there.

-Hal

So did they commit parsing and sema for c++14 without tests… I’m too lazy to go look at the llvm testsuite to check…

Nothing gets committed without regression tests. These are in test/SemaCXX, test/CodeGenCXX, etc. There are not always separate tests for each C++ standard revision, as existing regression tests are sometimes appended to, but everything’s in there.

-Hal

However, these are not really in a form you could extract into a conformance suite for some arbitrary other compiler. Many of the tests depend on Clang features to self-verify. I am aware of a few conformance test suites but none of them are free.

The libcxx test suite is usable, with some effort, to verify other C++ library implementations.

–paulr

Exactly. I was also expecting the portable C++ test suite that can be run on an external compiler executable. I think it begs to be unbundled, and spawn as an independent project.

Yuri