LLDB official Git repository?

Hi,

Chris Lattner mentioned a while ago on the LLVM mailing list, that there were plans to move the clang/LLVM Subversion repos to Git.

Will LLDB move to Git as well? Any time frame for this?

(Just asking because it would be nice to move away from git-svn...)

Cheers,
Björn

No immediate plans for this, though I will speak With Chris Lattner about this to see what is involved. I also need to learn more about Git!

I will keep everyone posted on the details if/when we decide to move, also if anyone is interested in Git, please speak up so we know how many people would be interested in us moving to Git (which might help speed up the migration depending on the numbers!).

Greg Clayton

Hi,

Chris Lattner mentioned a while ago on the LLVM mailing list, that there were plans to move the clang/LLVM Subversion repos to Git.

To clarify, there has never been a plan to move the clang/LLVM svn repos to git.

We do plan to offer more official mirrors at some point, but this
hasn't been done yet.

- Daniel

To clarify, there has never been a plan to move the clang/LLVM svn repos to git.

We do plan to offer more official mirrors at some point, but this
hasn't been done yet.

Thanks for the heads up, Daniel!

Björn

Greg Clayton wrote:

fwiw i am also using git-svn and would love an official git mirror to
pull from. that said, i haven't actually sent over any patches yet :slight_smile: