llvm-2.5 build failure (fedora f10)

You may want to note that you need glibc-devel.i386 to build. Otherwise you
get error on /usr/include/gnu/stubs-32.h missing.

Hello, Neal

You may want to note that you need glibc-devel.i386 to build. Otherwise you
get error on /usr/include/gnu/stubs-32.h missing.

Do you have pure 64 bit system?

Anton Korobeynikov wrote:

Hello, Neal

You may want to note that you need glibc-devel.i386 to build. Otherwise
you get error on /usr/include/gnu/stubs-32.h missing.

Do you have pure 64 bit system?

This is on fedora f10 x86_64.

Hi all,

On my Fedora 10 x86-64 the current svn dies in the following way:

/home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/utils/TableGen/Debug/TGLexer.o: In function llvm::TGLexer::getNextChar()': /home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/utils/TableGen/TGLexer.cpp:71: undefined reference to llvm::TGSourceMgr::FindBufferContainingLoc(llvm::TGLoc) const’
/home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/utils/TableGen/Debug/TGLexer.o: In function llvm::TGLexer::PrintError(llvm::TGLoc, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&) const': /home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/utils/TableGen/TGLexer.cpp:52: undefined reference to llvm::TGSourceMgr::PrintError(llvm::TGLoc, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator > const&) const’
/home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/utils/TableGen/Debug/TGLexer.o: In function llvm::TGLexer::PrintError(char const*, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&) const': /home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/utils/TableGen/TGLexer.cpp:48: undefined reference to llvm::TGSourceMgr::PrintError(llvm::TGLoc, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator > const&) const’
/home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/utils/TableGen/Debug/TableGen.o: In function __static_initialization_and_destruction_0': /home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/utils/TableGen/TableGen.cpp:127: undefined reference to llvm::TGSourceMgr::~TGSourceMgr()’
/home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/utils/TableGen/Debug/TableGen.o: In function llvm::PrintError(llvm::TGLoc, std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)': /home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/utils/TableGen/TableGen.cpp:130: undefined reference to llvm::TGSourceMgr::PrintError(llvm::TGLoc,std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator > const&) const’
/home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/utils/TableGen/Debug/TableGen.o: In function main': /home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/utils/TableGen/TableGen.cpp:213: undefined reference to llvm::ClangDiagsDefsEmitter::run(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits >&)’
/home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/utils/TableGen/TableGen.cpp:216: undefined reference to llvm::ClangOptionsEmitter::run(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&)' /home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/utils/TableGen/Debug/TableGen.o: In function ClangDiagsDefsEmitter’:
/home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/utils/TableGen/ClangDiagnosticsEmitter.h:29: undefined reference to vtable for llvm::ClangDiagsDefsEmitter' /home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/utils/TableGen/Debug/TableGen.o: In function ClangOptionsEmitter’:
/home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/utils/TableGen/ClangDiagnosticsEmitter.h:38: undefined reference to vtable for llvm::ClangOptionsEmitter' /home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/utils/TableGen/Debug/TableGen.o: In function ~ClangDiagsDefsEmitter’:
/home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/utils/TableGen/ClangDiagnosticsEmitter.h:24: undefined reference to vtable for llvm::ClangDiagsDefsEmitter' /home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/utils/TableGen/Debug/TableGen.o: In function ~ClangOptionsEmitter’:
/home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/utils/TableGen/ClangDiagnosticsEmitter.h:35: undefined reference to vtable for llvm::ClangOptionsEmitter' /home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/utils/TableGen/Debug/TableGen.o: In function PrettyStackTraceProgram’:
/home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/include/llvm/Support/PrettyStackTrace.h:59: undefined reference to llvm::PrettyStackTraceEntry::PrettyStackTraceEntry()' /home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/include/llvm/Support/PrettyStackTrace.h:59: undefined reference to vtable for llvm::PrettyStackTraceProgram’
/home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/utils/TableGen/Debug/TableGen.o: In function ~PrettyStackTraceProgram': /home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/include/llvm/Support/PrettyStackTrace.h:54: undefined reference to vtable for llvm::PrettyStackTraceProgram’
/home/maurice/installation/llvm-dev/include/llvm/Support/PrettyStackTrace.h:54: undefined reference to `llvm::PrettyStackTraceEntry::~PrettyStackTraceEntry()’
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

It does not seem to be the same problem

Kind regards,
Maurice

Did you update the clang source tree also?

Best regards,
--Edwin

This is on fedora f10 x86_64.

The actual question is: does your system provide 32 bit headers out of
the box? If no - you should not build multilib version of llvm-gcc.

Hi Edwin,

2009/3/25 Török Edwin <edwintorok@gmail.com>

Hi all,

On my Fedora 10 x86-64 the current svn dies in the following way:

Did you update the clang source tree also?

You nailed it.

I had forgotten that I had taken a trick or two from the clang source code.
I guess I need to keep that up to date as well.

Thanks, Maurice