LLVM-GCC and Symbian

Hi,

I noticed that there is some kind of reference to Symbian support in
LLVM-GCC, and I'm trying to find out more about it. I configured llvm-
gcc-4.2-2.5 using:

../configure --prefix=/opt/stow/llvm-gcc-2.5/ --enable-llvm=/home/wim/Documents/Sources/llvm-2.5/OBJ_ROOT/ --disable-bootstrap --disable-multilib --enable-checking --target arm-none-symbianelf --enable-languages=objc,c,c++ --disable-libada

At this point, everything seems to work, with the following warning
coming up:

*** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
    gnattools target-libmudflap target-libgomp target-libffi target-zlib target-libjava target-libiberty target-libada target-libgfortran zlib target-boehm-gc
   (Any other directories should still work fine.)

But when I try to build, I get the following error message:

gcc -c -g -O2 -DIN_GCC -DCROSS_DIRECTORY_STRUCTURE -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -fno-common -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGENERATOR_FILE -I. -Ibuild -I../../gcc -I../../gcc/build -I../../gcc/../include -I../../gcc/../libcpp/include -I../../gcc/../libdecnumber -I../libdecnumber -I/home/wim/Documents/Sources/llvm-2.5/OBJ_ROOT//include -I/home/wim/Documents/Sources/llvm-2.5/include -DENABLE_LLVM -I/home/wim/Documents/Sources/llvm-2.5/OBJ_ROOT/../include -D_DEBUG -D_GNU_SOURCE -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -o build/gencondmd.o build/gencondmd.c
../../gcc/config/arm/arm.md:4788: error: ‘MACHO_DYNAMIC_NO_PIC_P’ undeclared here (not in a function)
../../gcc/config/arm/arm.md:4789: warning: missing initializer
../../gcc/config/arm/arm.md:4789: warning: (near initialization for ‘insn_conditions[15].value’)
../../gcc/config/arm/arm.md:4703: warning: missing initializer
../../gcc/config/arm/arm.md:4703: warning: (near initialization for ‘insn_conditions[56].value’)
../../gcc/config/arm/arm.md:4789: warning: missing initializer
../../gcc/config/arm/arm.md:4789: warning: (near initialization for ‘insn_conditions[86].value’)
gmake[2]: *** [build/gencondmd.o] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/home/wim/Documents/Sources/llvm-gcc4.2-2.5/OBJ_ROOT/gcc'
gmake[1]: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/wim/Documents/Sources/llvm-gcc4.2-2.5/OBJ_ROOT'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

I was wondering if this is because of the Symbian target or just a
universal ARM issue.

Also, since I find so little about Symbian and LLVM support, is there
any chance for LLVM to actually build working Symbian binaries?

Kind regards,

Wim

Hello,

../../gcc/config/arm/arm.md:4788: error: ‘MACHO_DYNAMIC_NO_PIC_P’ undeclared here (not in a function)

This is well-known apple-local thing. Please consider building from
top of the tree.

I was wondering if this is because of the Symbian target or just a
universal ARM issue.

This is common ARM issue for non-darwin targets.

Also, since I find so little about Symbian and LLVM support, is there
any chance for LLVM to actually build working Symbian binaries?

I think the answer is pretty obvious :slight_smile: I haven't heard about somebody
even tried symbian stuff.

What do you mean by "building from the top of the tree"? Is that the
same as building the head revision?

In any case, many thanks for your response,

Wim