llvmdev: Windows support

Hello, everyone!

My name is ®iga Osolin and I am one of administrators of baadengine project (www.baadengine.org). It is an open source, BSD-licenced, game engine. We are very interested in llvm to provide us runtime code generation (basically, wrappers to easily call scripts from C++ and vica-versa, via vtbl (we replace vtbl for scripted types)) and also to allow our VM to run on llvm. Our engine is intended to be OS neutral, so we also need windows version of llvm. I have checked the latest version of llvm and the VC7.1 projects don't seem to be up-to-date with you project (maybe I am mistaken). Do you have any plans for Windows version?

If you don't, perhaps I could maintain windows version of llvm. Otherwise, I must say your project is really great and it will suit our needs really well. It may even allow us to run scripted code faster then C++ ...

Regards,
®iga

My name is Žiga Osolin and I am one of administrators of baadengine
project (www.baadengine.org). It is an open source, BSD-licenced, game
engine. We are very interested in llvm to provide us runtime code
generation (basically, wrappers to easily call scripts from C++ and
vica-versa, via vtbl (we replace vtbl for scripted types)) and also to
allow our VM to run on llvm. Our engine is intended to be OS neutral, so
we also need windows version of llvm. I have checked the latest version
of llvm and the VC7.1 projects don't seem to be up-to-date with you
project (maybe I am mistaken). Do you have any plans for Windows version?

As Anton mentioned, we do support mingw and cygwin. The VC project files probably need minor updating, but are largely ok. The person who used to keep them up-to-date is no longer working on LLVM at this point.

If you don't, perhaps I could maintain windows version of llvm. Otherwise, I must say your project is really great and it will suit our needs really well. It may even allow us to run scripted code faster then C++ ...

Cool! :slight_smile:

-Chris