LNT + test-suite configure script problem

Hi all,

I was wondering whether LNT intentionally uses the host compiler for configuring the LLVM test-suite. For example, running the following command:

lnt runtest nt --sandbox x86-sandbox --cc /home/vk/build/llvm/debug/bin/clang --test-suite /home/vk/repos/test-suite

I would expect the configure script (in test-suite) to use the clang from the specified --cc option. However, from the attached configure.log, it seems that we use gcc/g++ for configuring the tests.

I discovered this problem (if there's no esoteric option I'm not aware of) while I was trying to fix a few tests in the LLVM test-suite in order to make them compatible with Musl. The Musl C library does not support the old re_comp(), re_exec() functions. The configure script tests for the existence of these functions. However, by using gcc instead of clang, it tests for them by using Glibc instead of Musl.

On a related note, I noticed that even if we somehow use the specified clang compiler for non-native targets, we will not be able to run the configure script because it doesn't respect the RUNUNDER mechanism when it executes the intermediate programs it generates.

Thanks,
Vasileios

configure.log (12.1 KB)