[M68k] New Experimental Target - M68k is Ready to Land

Hi All,

Just a heads up that all 9 patches of the new M68k experimental backend have been accepted.
IIRC, each of them has at least 2 LGTMs, too.
(The first “real patch” is this one: https://reviews.llvm.org/D88385. Please use the revision stack feature to navigate to others)

I’ve made sure these patches are in good shape on tip-of-tree. I am planning to push them around 12:00pm, March 8th PST. Thought this is important so I would like to inform everyone here.

Thank you!
-Min

Hi All,

M68k is now one of the experimental targets in LLVM.

I would like to use this chance to express appreciation to people that provide helps in this upstreaming process. It’s definitely not a trivial task but with your help, we finally reach the goal.

Thank you Artyom for all the heavy lifting works on the code, and thanks Adrian for assisting this M68k project from the start.

A big thank to all the reviewers, especially Jessica, Simon, Renato, MaskRay, and Craig. You provided thorough, in-depth review on the code and valuable suggestions on how this upstreaming process should go. This process wouldn’t go so smooth without these helps.

I actually have some lesson learned and proposals regarding auto formatting on TableGen code but I guess I’ll just leave it to a separated thread.

This milestone marks the start of another journey: Making M68k an official target. I’ll try my best (with the community) to make it happen as soon as possible :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Best,
-Min