MachineInstr layer is called as what?

Hi all,

I have learned about LLVM backend passes. LLVM IR changes its format four times until final output assembly/object through SelectionDAG, MachineInstr, MCInst.

MCInst format layer seems to be called as “MC layer” officially. What about MachineInstr format layer? It seems to be called as “MI layer”, is it officially? Please tell me there is good name for representing MachineInstr layer.



People will understand you if you say “MI”.

– Sean Silva

Hi Sean,

Thanks for quick reply. I’ll do that.