Make llvm-commits default cc on Phabricator

Hello,

I sometime forget to set the “Repository” when uploading a patch on Phabricator, and that prevents from adding llvm-commits as a subscriber.

image001.png

Would it make sense to set ‘LLVM Github Monorepo’ as a default? Or subscribe ‘llvm-commits’ automatically when creating a patch?

Thanks!

Alex.

Hello,

I sometime forget to set the “Repository” when uploading a patch on Phabricator, and that prevents from adding llvm-commits as a subscriber.

image001.png

Would it make sense to set ‘LLVM Github Monorepo’ as a default?

+1 Now that git monorepo is the one true source of truth that is the only sane default.

Or subscribe ‘llvm-commits’ automatically when creating a patch?

I think that would also make sense.

Thanks!

Alex.

Roman

+1

Another problem of not setting “Repository” to rG LLVM Github Monorepo is: the patch generated by Download Raw Diff will NOT be a “real” patch.

It won’t contain ``diff --git commands, so you can NOT apply it directly.

Best,

Jinsong Ji (纪金松), PhD.

XL/LLVM on Power Compiler Development
E-mail: jji@us.ibm.com

graycol.gif

48351733.png

Hi,

I thought we already had a rule subscribing llvm-commits, but I can’t find it?
I created a new here: https://reviews.llvm.org/H615 and it worked immediately with Arc but is actually didn’t originally when uploading a diff on the web interface.

I had to tweak the regex many times to get it to match, it seems like there are whitespace in front of the path when you don’t use arc, I settled with @^\s*/llvm/@ right now.

image001.png

If you set the repository to LLVM, then Phab will automatically cc llvm-commits. I also thought there was something in Herald about looking at the path. I see Herald adding cfe-commits and lldb-commits to some cross-project reviews, in a quick check.

I DO NOT want llvm-commits cc’d on all Phab reviews. In particular, clang and lldb have their own -commits lists, and possibly others. llvm-commits is already very busy and adding other projects to it will not help reviewers. llvm-commits should be for llvm proper, and other sub-projects that don’t have their own list (e.g., lld).

–paulr

image001.png