Makefile.config

Hi John,
    I have attached my Makefile.config.
    I noticed that I did'nt have SRC_ROOT and OBJ_ROOT variables defined as such in my environment. But I noticed that this is defined in the Makefile.config by default to the same values.
All the same, I tried defining both these variables in my .cshrc, but I still get the same error.
  The main directory for me is /home/llvm, and I have llvm/ , cfrontend/ as the sub-directories of /home/llvm. So the configure, Makefile.config etc files are in /home/llvm/llvm.
  So, I run the following command from /home/llvm/llvm

./configure --enable-spec95=/Fast-System/spec95/INTEGER/

The INTEGER directory contains subdirectories of the INT benchmarks - like 099.go/ and 126.gcc/

Thanx,

Makefile.config (6.2 KB)

Vinay S. Belgaumkar wrote:

Hi John,
   I have attached my Makefile.config.
   I noticed that I did'nt have SRC_ROOT and OBJ_ROOT variables defined as such in my environment. But I noticed that this is defined in the Makefile.config by default to the same values.
All the same, I tried defining both these variables in my .cshrc, but I still get the same error.

Sorry about the confusion. SRC_ROOT and OBJ_ROOT are not environment variables that you need to set. SRC_ROOT is shorthand for the directory containing the LLVM source, and OBJ_ROOT is the shorthand for the directory in which LLVM will be built. They are simply terms which are convenient and make typing easier.
:slight_smile:

The main directory for me is /home/llvm, and I have llvm/ , cfrontend/ as the sub-directories of /home/llvm. So the configure, Makefile.config etc files are in /home/llvm/llvm.

So, I run the following command from /home/llvm/llvm

./configure --enable-spec95=/Fast-System/spec95/INTEGER/

The INTEGER directory contains subdirectories of the INT benchmarks - like 099.go/ and 126.gcc/

I think your configuration for SPEC95 is not going to work.
Our configuration expects that you're using the same directory tree in which SPEC95 was shipped to you on the CD. The only difference between our SPEC95 code and that found on the CD is a few fixes for compilation.

One thing you can try is to rename the INTEGER directory to CINT95. In other words, set the variable SPEC95_ROOT in Makefile.config to /Fast-System/spec95 and put the integer benchmarks in /Fast-System/spec95/CINT95.

Now, if you do that, I believe it should work, as long as everything below CINT95 is exactly the same as it is in the SPEC95 CD. If the directory /Fast-System/spec95/CINT95/099.go doesn't look like this, then you may still have problems:

DEBUG
DESCR.go
Makefile
README.go Spec
VERSION data
exe
result
run src

-- John T.