MCInstrInfo::hasDefOfPhysReg() now private?

Hi,

In updating an external project to LLVM head, I’m getting compilation failures because MCInstrInfo::hasDefOfPhysReg() has been marked private (we use this to determine the register that an instruction is updating when reconstructing machine state from a stream trace). This appears to have been done in r237478. The commit message is:

Move some methods to a new MCInstrDesc.cpp file to allow includes to be trimmed. NFC.

MCInstrDesc.h includes things like MCInst.h which i can now remove after this. That will be a future commit.

I therefore assume that this was unintentional. Would anyone object to it being made public again?

David

H David

Hi,

In updating an external project to LLVM head, I’m getting compilation failures because MCInstrInfo::hasDefOfPhysReg() has been marked private (we use this to determine the register that an instruction is updating when reconstructing machine state from a stream trace). This appears to have been done in r237478. The commit message is:

Move some methods to a new MCInstrDesc.cpp file to allow includes to be trimmed. NFC.

MCInstrDesc.h includes things like MCInst.h which i can now remove after this. That will be a future commit.

I therefore assume that this was unintentional.

I had to go back and take a look at the commit, but i think it was intentional. The only in-tree user of hasDefOfPhysReg is MCInstrDesc::mayAffectControlFlow so i thought it was just a helper being used internally in that class. Apologies for breaking your build.

Would anyone object to it being made public again?

Not at all, please feel free to do so.

Cheers,
Pete