MODULE_CODE_GLOBALVAR error

Hi,

I have istalled LLVM 3.1 Release+Asserts build. I was just trying out the hello world sequence of steps in the installation instructions. However when I run lli or llvm-dis I get an error “invalid MODULE_CODE_GLOBALVAR record”.

I have searched the web and I am not able to fathom what the problem and its fix is. I have GCC 4.6.3 running on a Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86-64.

Please let me know what the fix is.

I also tried installing the Debug+Asserts build from the svn. It generates an error while installing.

Thanks in advance,
Arvind

Hi,

I have istalled LLVM 3.1 Release+Asserts build. I was just trying out the hello world sequence of steps in the installation instructions. However when I run lli or llvm-dis I get an error “invalid MODULE_CODE_GLOBALVAR record”.

I have searched the web and I am not able to fathom what the problem and its fix is. I have GCC 4.6.3 running on a Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x86-64.

Please let me know what the fix is.

Please try with latest svn.

I also tried installing the Debug+Asserts build from the svn. It generates an error while installing.

Please provide more information about the error, preferably the last lines of the build output.

Dmitri

Forwarding to llvmdev.

Hi Arvind,

I have istalled LLVM 3.1 Release+Asserts build. I was just trying out the hello
world sequence of steps in the installation instructions. However when I run lli
or llvm-dis I get an error "invalid MODULE_CODE_GLOBALVAR record".

sounds like a version mismatch. Are you sure that lli and llvm-dis are from the
same version as generated the bitcode?

Ciao, Duncan.