nightly tester setup

I've noticed that my nightly tester doesn't seem to be reporting the results of running llvm-test, only build warnings and make check. Checking with -verbose shows that it's running the test suite, so I don't quite understand what's going on. Looking at http://llvm.org/nightlytest/ shows that none of the other Linux testers are reporting test suite results either.

Here's the meat of my nightly script, run from cron:

export BUILDDIR=$HOME/llvm-test
   export WEBDIR=$HOME/llvm-test-results
   export LLVMGCCDIR=$HOME/llvm-gcc/install
   cd -- "$HOME"
   mkdir -p -- "$WEBDIR"
   cd llvm
   utils/NewNightlyTest.pl -release -parallel -noexternals -noremoveresults -nickname martini

where $HOME/llvm is an LLVM checkout that I keep up to date manually. I also have llvm-gcc installed on the same system in /usr/local/bin/.

Could anyone who has the nightly tester set up properly please comment on what my problem might be, or what I could try to fix it?

Thanks,
Nick

Hard to tell what's wrong. Perhaps /usr/local/bin is not part of path for a cron job?

You should add NewNightlyTest.pl -noremove -release options. That leaves the build directory around for you examine it afterwards. Just manually delete the build directory before running NewNightlyTest.pl.

Evan

Can you dump the hash map it creates (turning on debug or verbose should allow you to dump the data)? Are the results actually being sent to the server?

-Tanya

Evan Cheng wrote:

Hard to tell what's wrong. Perhaps /usr/local/bin is not part of path for a cron job?

Good one! Correct, but still didn't fix it.

You should add NewNightlyTest.pl -noremove -release options. That leaves the build directory around for you examine it afterwards. Just manually delete the build directory before running NewNightlyTest.pl.

Thanks for the tip. I actually found "SingleSource-ProgramText.txt" in the llvm-test-results directory:
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `Output/build.linked.rbc', needed by `Output/build.linked.bc'.

I'll continue debugging from here ....

Nick

Execute,
utils/NewNightlyTest.pl -release -parallel -noexternals
-noremoveresults -nickname “martini” > output.log 1>&1

Have a look at the output.log to find any clue.

-Rajika