Oddity in scan-build output

Hi,

I've noticed that occasionally the "x diagnostics generated" output is mixed into "ANALYZE: ..." lines in scan-build output, as in the following snippet:

ANALYZE: /home/s/projects/dailybuild/src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/sound.c pcm_chn_remove
ANALYZE: /home/s/projects/dailybuild/src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/sound.c pcm_addchan
ANALYZE: /home/s/projects/dailybuild/src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/sound.c pcm_killchan
ANALYZE: /home/s/projects/dailybuild/src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/sound.c pcm_setstatus
ANALYZE: /home/s/projects/dailybuild/src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/sound.c pcm_getflag3 diagnostics generated.
s
ANALYZE: /home/s/projects/dailybuild/src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/sound.c pcm_setflags
ANALYZE: /home/s/projects/dailybuild/src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/sound.c pcm_getdevinfo

It doesn't happen too often. Of 2712 "x diagnostics generated" messages in my log, 321 are not at the beginning of the line. I haven't found any pattern, but it always seems to happen for the same files.

If there's any additional info I can provide, please tell me.

Regards,
Sascha

Sascha Wildner schrieb:

Hi,

I've noticed that occasionally the "x diagnostics generated" output is mixed into "ANALYZE: ..." lines in scan-build output, as in the following snippet:

Sorry, the formatting was probably not optimal, so here it is again (hopefully better):

ANALYZE: /home/s/projects/dailybuild/src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/sound.c pcm_chn_remove
ANALYZE: /home/s/projects/dailybuild/src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/sound.c pcm_addchan
ANALYZE: /home/s/projects/dailybuild/src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/sound.c pcm_killchan
ANALYZE: /home/s/projects/dailybuild/src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/sound.c pcm_setstatus
ANALYZE: /home/s/projects/dailybuild/src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/sound.c pcm_getflag3 diagnostics generated.
s
ANALYZE: /home/s/projects/dailybuild/src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/sound.c pcm_setflags
ANALYZE: /home/s/projects/dailybuild/src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/sound.c pcm_getdevinfo

This might be due to some recent changes to the diagnostics machinery and the flushing of stream buffers. I'll try and look into this soon.

Hi Sascha,

I'm hoping that the following patch will address the issue:

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-commits/Week-of-Mon-20081117/009553.html

Please let me know if you continue to see such output.

Ted

Ted Kremenek schrieb:

Hi Sascha,

I'm hoping that the following patch will address the issue:

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-commits/Week-of-Mon-20081117/009553.html

Please let me know if you continue to see such output.

Ted,

all messages are at the right place now, thanks.

Another issue I'm seeing are occasional messages a la

Error opening output file '.../clang_crash_2TI9h0.i'

even though the files in question seem to be created just fine.

Regards,
Sascha