[Openmp-commits] Testing...

Perhaps it's a better idea to have commit logs posted to the main llvm-commits list?

We can certainly do that too. My only concern is that for people (like me, I admit)
who don't have the time to read the full LLVM commit-list that might encourage discussion
in a place where the right people aren't present to join in.

I think that's probably resolvable by pointing out in the commit note that discussion should
move to the openmp-dev list. (And if that had the effect of brining more people to that list,
so much the better).

-- Jim

James Cownie <james.h.cownie@intel.com>
SSG/DPD/TCAR (Technical Computing, Analyzers and Runtimes)
Tel: +44 117 9071438

To: "Alp Toker" <alp@nuanti.com>, "Hal Finkel" <hfinkel@anl.gov>
Cc: openmp-commits@dcs-maillist2.engr.illinois.edu, openmp-dev@dcs-maillist2.engr.illinois.edu
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 8:19:56 AM
Subject: RE: [Openmp-commits] Testing...

> Perhaps it's a better idea to have commit logs posted to the main
> llvm-commits list?

I agree.

We can certainly do that too. My only concern is that for people
(like me, I admit)
who don't have the time to read the full LLVM commit-list that might
encourage discussion
in a place where the right people aren't present to join in.

I'm unsure whether that is better, or whether you should subscribe and filter messages containing 'openmp' into a dedicated folder?

I think that's probably resolvable by pointing out in the commit note
that discussion should
move to the openmp-dev list. (And if that had the effect of brining
more people to that list,
so much the better).

I think this could work.

-Hal

Jim,

What's going on with this? Are the current commit messages being sent nowhere still? If so, we need to get this changed ASAP.

-Hal

What's going on with this?

I don’t know.

I haven't grokked whether the system is supposed to send commit messages automatically on a commit
(in which case it's broken and we need to talk to the LLVM admins), or whether a person who commits
is supposed to send a message to the commits list (in which case Alp has maybe not been following
the correct protocol).

What is *supposed* to happen, are the messages supposed to be automagically generated?

-- Jim

James Cownie <james.h.cownie@intel.com>
SSG/DPD/TCAR (Technical Computing, Analyzers and Runtimes)
Tel: +44 117 9071438

It should be automatic. Should look something like this:

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20140303/206926.html

I think the LLVM admins need to take a look and ensure the Subversion
hooks are set up correctly.

What's going on with this?

I don’t know.

I haven't grokked whether the system is supposed to send commit messages automatically on a commit
(in which case it's broken and we need to talk to the LLVM admins), or whether a person who commits
is supposed to send a message to the commits list (in which case Alp has maybe not been following
the correct protocol).

What is *supposed* to happen, are the messages supposed to be automagically generated?

The SVN server is meant to have a post-commit hook that sends commit logs to the llvm-commits / openmp-commits mailing lists for scrutiny.

CC'ing in llvm-admin so they can take a look.

Alp.

It's working now. Please let me know if you see any issues.

-Tanya