OverflowError: in method 'SBProcess_ReadPointerFromMemory', argument 2 of type 'lldb::addr_t'

You are right, it seems the argument is out of range, both vtableAddr and vtableAddr-8 are “8.5” byte long. Maybe there is something wrong with the way I get vtableAddress? I will clean up my full script and send it to you if the following does not provide enough information, thanks much.

def vtable_addr (vtableSymbol):

return vtableSymbol.addr.section.file_addr + vtableSymbol.addr.offset + 0x10

vtableAddr, type=<type ‘long’>, value=0x1000000000000000f

vtableAddr-8, type=<type ‘long’>, value=0x10000000000000007

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “”, line 1, in

File “/home/leikong/repo/WindowsFabric/build.prod/test/fabdbg.py”, line 199, in findall

findtypes(pattern,ignorePureVirtualType)

File “/home/leikong/repo/WindowsFabric/build.prod/test/fabdbg.py”, line 156, in findtypes

if ignorePureVirtualType and has_pure_virtual(vtableAddr, pureVirtualFuncs) :

File “/home/leikong/repo/WindowsFabric/build.prod/test/fabdbg.py”, line 100, in has_pure_virtual

vtableEndAddr = lldb.process.ReadPointerFromMemory(vtableAddr-8, error)

File “/home/leikong/bin/lldb/lib/python2.7/site-packages/lldb/init.py”, line 9418, in ReadPointerFromMemory

return _lldb.SBProcess_ReadPointerFromMemory(self, addr, error)

OverflowError: in method ‘SBProcess_ReadPointerFromMemory’, argument 2 of type ‘lldb::addr_t’

You are right, it seems the argument is out of range, both vtableAddr and vtableAddr-8 are “8.5” byte long. Maybe there is something wrong with the way I get vtableAddress? I will clean up my full script and send it to you if the following does not provide enough information, thanks much.

You actually want to get the load address when reading from memory. This should be:

def vtable_addr (vtableSymbol, target):
    return vtableSymbol.addr.GetLoadAddress(target) + 0x10

You actually want to get the load address when reading from memory. This should be:

return vtableSymbol.addr.GetLoadAddress(target) + 0x10

If you actually wanted the file address of vtableSymbol's address, then you would do this:

return vtableSymbol.addr.GetFileAddress() + 0x10

No need to do the section + offset math yourself.