[PATCH] Everyone: please download, build and test the new iohandler branch

Hi all,

I have a new compilation problem (patch attached) with Ubuntu 12.04 using gcc 4.8.2. It looks like gcc is not properly autogenerating a constructor, so the workaround is to provide one manually.

• Steve

Index: source/Core/IOHandler.cpp

lldb-ctor-patch.txt (795 Bytes)

Steve’s going to fix a couple typos in that patch. We’re missing a few rhs. on the right hand side of the assignment operations.

Also - after that comes out - if anyone is on gcc 4.8.x, where x is not 2, I’d be interested in hearing if they get the issue with the default compiler-generated operator= on tip of this branch. I hit a period of time between gcc 4.6.2 and 4.6.3 where gcc either failed to generate operator= and the copy constructor (and optionally crashed) but that settled out by gcc 4.6.3 release. If this is an issue with gcc 4.8.2 but not 4.8.1, I’d like to report it. (Hafiz - I don’t recall if you were using 4.8.1, but if so, it’d be great if you had a few minutes to run a build with it on tip of iohandler without Steve’s soon-to-be-updated patch).

Right, sorry about that. Here’s the corrected patch:

Index: IOHandler.cpp

lldb-ctor-patch2.txt (771 Bytes)

Hi Todd,

(Hafiz - I don’t recall if you were using 4.8.1, but if so, it’d be great if you had a few minutes to run a build with it on tip of iohandler without Steve’s soon-to-be-updated patch).

I am using 4.8.1 and I did not see this issue. I have run the lldb(iohandler branch and built with 4.8.1) a few times without any crash.

Regards,

Aibid

Thanks, Abid. That’s helpful. When was the last time you updated from the iohandler branch and tried to compile? I think the change requiring the patch I sent was just introduced yesterday 9am PST or so.

Thanks again,
Steve

OK, thanks Abid!

We’ll give it a shot with 4.8.1 to see if the eliminates the need for the explicit operator= add (and I’ll file a bug on gcc 4.8.2 if that’s the case to see if we can get that sorted out).

We’re just working through a few test failures now on the branch as of last night.

-Todd

Hi Todd,

(Hafiz - I don’t recall if you were using 4.8.1, but if so, it’d be great if you had a few minutes to run a build with it on tip of iohandler without Steve’s soon-to-be-updated patch).

I am using 4.8.1 and I did not see this issue. I have run the lldb(iohandler branch and built with 4.8.1) a few times without any crash.

Regards,

Aibid

Steve,
You are right. I just updated the iohandler branch and now I am getting a build error.

Regards,
Abid