[patch] FreeBSD build fix

Index: source/Plugins/Platform/FreeBSD/PlatformFreeBSD.cpp

At a glance, I would say that LLDB is unable to find the embedded_interpreter Python module and thus cannot finish initializing the ScriptInterpreter
You may want to figure out how Python resources are laid out on FreeBSD (on OSX, they are part of the framework) and if anything needs to be changed in the code that looks for them upon startup.

Enrico Granata
:email: egranata@.com
✆ (four oh eight) 862-7683

They seem to end up in Release+Asserts/bin so if I run lldb from there I get the same result but with different missing modules:

tcsh% ./lldb /bin/sh
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
ImportError: No module named gnu_libstdcpp
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
ImportError: No module named CFString
Current executable set to ‘/bin/sh’ (x86_64).
tcsh%

CFString is in examples/summaries/cocoa/ which looks like a strange place for a module that is supposed to be loaded by default. A couple of weeks back I think I at least got to the (lldb) prompt event with the python import errors… so it is likely something else that needs to catch up on the FreeBSD plugin side but I can’t really figure out what.

As far as the Python modules are concerned, on OSX, when building LLDB we actually copy gnu_libstdcpp, CFString (and several other formatter modules) into Resources/Python
I never worked on the Makefile building process, but I am guessing something should be changed in there so that everything that is copied in place on OSX gets also copied on FreeBSD.

Enrico Granata
:email: egranata@.com
✆ (four oh eight) 862-7683

finish-swig-Python-LLDB.sh (14.2 KB)