[PATCH] Saving expression results in correct byte order

I sent this about a week ago, but I did it so unceremoniously that it has probably fallen under the radar.

This patch fixes an issue where expression results are saved in host byte order rather than in target byte order. It only modifies source/Expression/IRInterpreter.cpp.

DISCLAIMER: when I tried to run the tests, I got this message:

This script requires lldb.py to be in either /Users/felix/Projets/OpenSource/lldb/build/Debug/LLDB.framework/Resources/Python, /Users/felix/Projets/OpenSource/lldb/build/Release/LLDB.framework/Resources/Python, or /Users/felix/Projets/OpenSource/lldb/build/BuildAndIntegration/LLDB.framework/Resources/Python

So I naively tested int $x = 0x01020304; on my target with a different byte order and on a native program, and both cases work. I also tried int $x[2] = {0x0102, 0x0203}; and it does not work (it creates a zeroed array of 2 elements), but it came to my attention that it also doesn’t work with the release of lldb that ships with Xcode, so I don’t think it’s due to this change.

Félix

FixExpressionEndianness.diff (1.4 KB)

Félix,

thanks for your patch! It does look good, let me give it a quick test tomorrow and I’ll be happy to commit it.

Sean

Committed:

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/lldb-commits/Week-of-Mon-20130916/009544.html

Thanks for your patch!

Sean