[PATCH] TextDiagnosticPrinter coloring

Hi,
   I noticed that when there is an error in a macro and the macro is expanded automatically in the error report, the "note:" is not being colored properly. The attached patch should fix that issue.
Vassil

TextDiagnosticPrinter_coloring.diff (1.14 KB)

I noticed that when there is an error in a macro and the macro is expanded automatically in the error report, the “note:” is not being colored properly. The attached patch should fix that issue.

That’d be http://llvm.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=10859 which I believe Chandler Carruth is planning to fix when he gets around to it, by properly unifying the code paths used to print these notes/diagnostics. I’m not sure if a short term fix is necessarily worthwhile, though it might be nice to have something in for 3.0, I’ve added Chandler to see what he wants to do with this.

• David

Yes, I thought so. That part of the code seem to be indeed temporary, nevertheless I decided to give it a try.
BTW I am sorry that I’ve mistaken the mail list…
Vassil

I’m looking at finishing the last few bits of this refactoring specifically by Friday to make the 3.0 release. It wouldn’t have run so late except for some vacation time… ;]

So I’ll either commit the temporary fix or the proper fix prior to the branch cut. =]