Phabricator down for maintenance tonight

Hi,

FYI, I’m taking Phabricator down for an upgrade right now.

Hi,

Phab is upgraded now. It was ~2 years since the last upgrade so we got a few features along the way.

We may have regressed some aspects as well, I only tested the basic functionalities.
Let me know if you see anything behaving unexpectedly!

Thanks for the work!

Thanks for the work too!

Not specifically a regression, but since the upgrade, I find it annoying now that when I want to do something in relation to an inline comment (collapse it, reply to it etc), I now have to click on a drop-down menu in the comment header bar to select the option, whereas before the icons were inline there before. Is this something that can be easily addressed?

James

Seems like https://secure.phabricator.com/D21244

I patched back the reply button, collapse seems a bit more intrusive. That said the keyboard shortcuts are pretty nice: you can click on a comment to select it, n for selecting the next one, p the previous one, q to collapse, r to reply.

Out of interest are you keeping the local modifications in a fork of the Phabricator source (llvm-phabricator)? Firstly we should be keeping any changes we make in source control but also it’s good to review those changes.

I have found over the years that I’ve had to redo some of my local modifications as @evan changes the underlying infrastructure, nothing major but sometimes can cause a little downtime when doing an upgrade.

MyDeveloperDay

Out of interest are you keeping the local modifications in a fork of the Phabricator source (llvm-phabricator)? Firstly we should be keeping any changes we make in source control but also it’s good to review those changes.

I didn’t innovate, Manuel set it up originally and I just reused the flow there: https://github.com/r4nt/phabricator/tree/llvm-production

That said our “pre-production” setup isn’t super streamlined, I’d like to improve this in the future. Let me know if you have suggestions :slight_smile:

I have found over the years that I’ve had to redo some of my local modifications as @evan changes the underlying infrastructure, nothing major but sometimes can cause a little downtime when doing an upgrade.

Yeah we had some merge conflicts as well, I reduced some of our diff with upstream in the process, I think we can reduce a bit more.

What I did for this upgrade is that 10 days ago I:

Then when everything was working, I took down the production instance and repeated the migration steps (except fixing the merge conflicts and the patching that I had kept in git).

Awesome, thanks for sharing

Here is a patch (based off yours) but this adds the “Collapse” button back in,

remember to rerun phabricator/bin/celerity map

MyDeveloperDay

diff --git a/src/infrastructure/diff/view/PHUIDiffInlineCommentDetailView.php b/src/infrastructure/diff/view/PHUIDiffInlineCommentDetailView.php
index fdaa99a…9b18031 100644
— a/src/infrastructure/diff/view/PHUIDiffInlineCommentDetailView.php
+++ b/src/infrastructure/diff/view/PHUIDiffInlineCommentDetailView.php
@@ -214,6 +214,23 @@ final class PHUIDiffInlineCommentDetailView
(!$is_synthetic);

if ($can_reply) {

• $action_buttons = id(new PHUIButtonView())
  • ->setTag(‘a’)
  • ->setIcon(‘fa-reply’)
  • ->setTooltip(pht(‘Reply’))
  • ->addSigil(‘differential-inline-reply’)
  • ->setMustCapture(true)
  • ->setAuralLabel(pht(‘Reply’));

Could we ever consider adding https://github.com/r4nt/phabricator/tree/llvm-production as a new read/only observe Diffusion repository in reviews.llvm.org? I’d be happy to do code reviews?

MyDeveloperDay

+Tom Stellard : can we get a fork of https://github.com/phacility/phabricator in the LLVM project org on GitHub in order to host our patched version and start collaboratively maintaining it?

You made `arc land` work and it turns out to be a more capable than the git wrapper we used.

Thanks sooooo much :slight_smile:

+Tom Stellard <mailto:tstellar@redhat.com> : can we get a fork of GitHub - phacility/phabricator: Effective June 1, 2021: Phabricator is no longer actively maintained. in the LLVM project org on GitHub in order to host our patched version and start collaboratively maintaining it?

Sure, I've cloned this and added you as an admin for the team, so you
can grant commit access.

-Tom