Pre-RA scheduler does not generate NOPs when getHazardType() returns NoopHazard

Hello.
     I am new to the schedulers implemented in the back end of LLVM.
     I am trying to handle data hazards in my simple processor, with instructions that execute in 1 cycle.

I have tried the standard post-RA scheduler, implemented in lib/CodeGen/PostRASchedulerList.cpp, (with a ScoreboardHazardRecognizer), but I have some issues with some consecutive instructions that are separated in the final ASM listing and they should not.

I also tried the standard pre-RA scheduler, implemented in lib/CodeGen/ScheduleDAGRRList.cpp, (with a ScoreboardHazardRecognizer), but even if I report that I have a data hazard in getHazardType() and return NoopHazard, the scheduler will not insert a NOP instruction in the respective place where I report the hazard . For me it is more convenient, in principle, to use the pre-RA scheduler, but it is not generating NOPs.
     Could you please tell me how can I generate NOPs with a pre-RA scheduler when I am already informing it that at the current place we have a NoopHazard.

Thank you,
     Alex

PS: Also, could you please tell me if with the standard pre-RA scheduler with ScoreboardHazardRecognizer I could also employ other useful program instructions when dealing with hazards, instead of using NOPs.

Hello.
     I am not sure if this is the correct answer to the question I put in the previous email, but please take a look at what I wrote in another thread at http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2017-March/111293.html .
     Basically, I describe there I was more successful to use PreEmitNoops(), instead of the getHazardType() method which, when I return NoopHazard, it does NOT always generate a NOP - in my case it works for Store, but not for Load MachineInstructions.

Does the ScoreboardHazardRecognizer class generate (or not) a NOP instruction, when instructed to in getHazardType(), depending on the type of the instruction analyzed?

Thank you,
     Alex

Hello.
    I am not sure if this is the correct answer to the question I put in the previous email, but please take a look at what I wrote in another thread at http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2017-March/111293.html .
    Basically, I describe there I was more successful to use PreEmitNoops(), instead of the getHazardType() method which, when I return NoopHazard, it does NOT always generate a NOP - in my case it works for Store, but not for Load MachineInstructions.

Does the ScoreboardHazardRecognizer class generate (or not) a NOP instruction, when instructed to in getHazardType(), depending on the type of the instruction analyzed?

What do you mean? The ScoreboardHazardRecognizer does not generate NOP hazards. You need to override it to do that. The post-RA scheduler should then generate the NOPs (by calling your insertNoop).

-Hal