Question about the mailing list.

Hello everyone,

i'm not able to find the llvm mailing list for user questions, can you
help me finding it please ?

also the clang mailing list can't be found (only llvm-dev and clang-dev).

best regards!

Steven, Just getting here myself, there is a ton of documentation, after that, ask away.

It depends on what kind of user questions you have, but llvm-dev and cfe-dev might actually be the right lists.
Even if not, people can redirect you better once they see the questions :slight_smile:

Btw. You can also try the llvm IRC channel.

Cheers,
  Johannes

I’m trying to build the example C++ file on the DFSan sanitizer page:
https://clang.llvm.org/docs/DataFlowSanitizer.html

However, i’ts complaining about unknown types (intptr_t, uint16_t, uint32_t, uint64_t).

I got it to build after adding typedefs from stdint.h and sys/types.h to the sanitizer/common_interface_defs.h header file:
typedef __intptr_t intptr_t;
typedef u_int16_t uint16_t;
typedef u_int32_t uint32_t;
typedef u_int64_t uint64_t;

However, something about that seems so WRONG that something else must be going on also and I’d like to get to the bottom of this so we have a working DFSan example (and so I can use it :D)

What about including stdint.h before the sanitizer header? It seems the example is missing something either way.

Unfortunately I did that and it didnt fix it until i edited that dfsan and common interfaces file to include the typedefs

Thanks for your help guys. I buyed me the book: “Getting started with the LLVM standard libraries” and the two other book - i think that should do the trick for me.

Again thanks for the many answers and good day to all llvm-dev and clang-dev users.

best regards,

Steven Truppe!