Recent change completely polluting in-editor clang-tidy diagnostics

It looks like a recent change to the auto-generated build method namings has completely polluted source code completion engine diagnostics and in-editor warnings due to the violations that would show up. I feel we should first align the codebase and then enable it or fix issues between the mismatch. For eg, I see:

lib/Dialect/Affine/IR/AffineOps.cpp|1247 col 19 warning| Function 'mlir::AffineForOp::build' has a definition with different parameter names AffineOps.cpp:1247:19: note: the definition seen here [readability-inconsistent-declaration-parameter-name]  

void AffineStoreOp::build(OpBuilder &builder, OperationState &result,
                            Value valueToStore, Value memref,
                            ValueRange indices) {

static void build(::mlir::OpBuilder &odsBuilder, ::mlir::OperationState &odsState, Value valueToStore, Value memref, ValueRange indices);

Renaming builder to odsBuilder isn’t desirable as well? Is there something else to fix before effecting the change that caused this? Turning off the setting in the code completion engines (for eg. ycm/clangd) will mask other issues that we normally take care of. I would propose turning off readability-inconsistent-declaration-parameter-name tentatively or rolling back the revision that caused this change.

Adding to this, there are too many warnings flagged from verifyRegionTraitsImpl introduced in D116789. (Not sure if this is a known issue).

llvm-project/mlir/include/mlir/IR/OpDefinition.h:1618:56: warning: parameter ‘op’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-parameter]
 1618 | static LogicalResult verifyRegionTraitsImpl(Operation *op,
      |                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~^~

Is has been called odsBuilder for years, it is desirable to reduce accidental shadowing and special case checks/tracking of attribute, operands etc. names. It should be done consistently in def and deck though and that would this error. Feel free to send a change or file an issue.

Seems warning for these were recently enabled (or perhaps enabled in your local build config if not globally).

This is from clang-tidy and not from the build config/compile_commands.json IIUC. .clang-tidy has had that setting for over a year. I’m not sure what changed.