Regression testing with lit on a constrained toolchain

Forgive me if this is common knowledge amongst the more experienced here, but I’m currently confused by the lit regression tests.

I’m currently working to validate a Clang/LLVM toolchain, hosted on a Mac OS, which only supports a select number of baremetal ARM targets.

Specifically, the test Driver/darwin-ld-dedup.c fails due to not having available targets compatible with ‘x86_64-apple-macosx10.6.0’. As far as I’m concerned, this target is a do-not-care for me.

Another that seems suspect is Index/pch-from-libclang.c, which also sets the triple directly to x86_64-apple-darwin.

My target triple does indeed look correct (arch is arm), and the host triple is x86_64-apple-darwin*.

Lit supports REQUIRED checking the target triple, but such checks just don’t appear in these failing tests.

Is this not a common enough problem, or might I be missing something fundamental in my understanding?

Thanks,

J.B. Nagurne

Code Generation

Texas Instruments

Forgive me if this is common knowledge amongst the more experienced here, but I’m currently confused by the lit regression tests.

I’m currently working to validate a Clang/LLVM toolchain, hosted on a Mac OS, which only supports a select number of baremetal ARM targets.

Specifically, the test Driver/darwin-ld-dedup.c fails due to not having available targets compatible with ‘x86_64-apple-macosx10.6.0’. As far as I’m concerned, this target is a do-not-care for me.

Another that seems suspect is Index/pch-from-libclang.c, which also sets the triple directly to x86_64-apple-darwin.

My target triple does indeed look correct (arch is arm), and the host triple is x86_64-apple-darwin*.

Lit supports REQUIRED checking the target triple, but such checks just don’t appear in these failing tests.

Is this not a common enough problem, or might I be missing something fundamental in my understanding?

It's a bug, those tests should also have 'x86-registered-target' added
to their REQUIRES.

-Tom

I’ll add them locally so I can get up and running, and add it to the queue of things to upstream when we’re stable. I’m glad I wasn’t missing anything. I suppose a majority of bots just build out-of-the-box and wouldn’t catch something like this.

Thanks much,

J.B. Nagurne

Code Generation

Texas Instruments