Release Notes Editing

We’ve been pretty busy this release cycle! The release notes page is already 1000 lines long, and is understandably pretty long and messy by now.

I’d like to do some editing - move some sections around, organize bug reports into topics etc. My current plan is to wait for the branch next week to avoid conflicts and then open a Phab revision that we can review and backport to the release branch.

Is anyone on board with that? Or would you prefer some another approach? A shared Google doc also sounds nice if enough people want to collaborate on this :slight_smile:

1 Like

The phab review works for me, suggesting edits that way is easy enough

I’m fully on board with that plan – thank you for offering (feel free to add me as a reviewer)!

My current plan is to wait for the branch next week to avoid conflicts

I don’t see a need to wait, you can start on main. I think in an ideal world the release notes would be in a ready state at branch time, added along at the same time as the underlying code change.

I agree on principle, but the release notes file is updated 2-3 times a day, including reverts. I’d rather avoid the overhead of manually keeping up with it during the review.

Posted for review: ⚙ D142578 [Clang][Doc] Edit the Clang release notes

1 Like