Request for Debug Info and Testing categories

More or less as the title says; right now there are no categories for specifically discussing debug info or testing in the LLVM project. The former could possibly exist in IR & Optimizations, although it is also relevant to code generation. The latter seems too general to fit most of the existing categories, although the particular testing topic that I’m looking for is the “cross project tests” project, which could potentially live under Subprojects.

1 Like

This is already being discussed here: Missing discourse categories · Issue #53122 · llvm/llvm-project · GitHub

1 Like

Just as followup then I suppose it’s worth asking here, are we generally expecting to raise these topics on Discourse or as Github issues? I didn’t actually realize that the llvm-project issues had a Discourse tag, though it may well have just been my missing it in the announcement.

I think we are still sorting out the best approach to these sorts of requests. Originally we were putting them as a GitHub Issues.Maybe that isn’t the best approach. Open to feedback on this.

In regards to creating new categories, we are pausing for a bit to do some clean up work after the migration and gather feedback, but please know that your requests are being heard.

1 Like

Maybe it’d be good to have a pinned post explaining the workflow for requests? IIUC nothing is super set in stone yet, but I didn’t know that we were using GitHub issues for requests. It might make it easier for people to find the (currently) expected place to put things.

1 Like