Request information about LLVM for research

Dear Sir,

As per request below, I want to use your LLVM project in my thesis and I have no idea where to start and I couldn’t find any information about how to build my test programs with your infrastructure and get my required information.
Is your tool is a testing tool? Can it accept program and test case as input and output like the input test case is cover which branch and which variables’ def-use of the program?
I am looking for that kind of tool.

Best Regards,
Pwint Phyu Kyaw
StudentID: 482-9504
Major: Information Technology
Assumption University
Bangkok, Thailand

Pwint Phyu Kyaw wrote:

Dear Sir,

As per request below, I want to use your LLVM project in my thesis and I have no idea where to start and I couldn't find any information about how to build my test programs with your infrastructure and get my required information.

Information on using LLVM can be found on the Documentation page on the LLVM web site (http://llvm.org/docs/). The "Getting Started Guide" provides information on how to build LLVM and gives a simple example on how to compile a program using LLVM.

Is your tool is a testing tool? Can it accept program and test case as input and output like the input test case is cover which branch and which variables' def-use of the program?

LLVM is a compiler *infrastructure.* You can use it to build program analysis tools, compilers, JITs, and many other tools. Some people (including the people who wrote the paper you mentioned) use LLVM to build prototype testing tools. Some people integrate their code into the LLVM project, some give their code away as separate modules that work with LLVM, and some people don't release their code at all.

As far as I know, the authors of the paper you mentioned have not contributed their code to the LLVM project. You will need to contact the authors of that paper and ask them if they are willing to give you a copy of their code. If they're not willing to give you a copy of their code, then you will need to implement their tool on your own.

-- John T.